Introduction: Jeff Gallman

(Jeff Gallman) #1

Hi everyone I’m Tabitha Gallman’s husband. My wife recommended I join this community. I’m a software developer and I enjoy playing tennis and watching my daughter play tennis.

(SeanO) #2

Welcome @Jeff_Gallman! Glad you joined. What languages do you develop in? I also do quite a bit of software dev work - python, java, C and lots of web languages. Look forward to seeing you on the forums. Blessings.

(Warner Joseph Miller) #3

Welcome to the Connect community, @Jeff_Gallman!!! So incredibly fortunate to have not one but TWO Gallmans in the community! It truly a beautiful thing to have families represented here. Sincerely. Welcome, brother!

(Jeff Gallman) #4

Early in my career I used RPG and control language. I then spent a couple years coding in C++ and C#. Since 2006 I have been coding in X++ which is unique to Microsoft Dynamics AX. I also do a good bit of SQL.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #5

Hello Jeff (@Jeff_Gallman). It’s great to know that both you and your wife are here. I look forward in growing with you in this community. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(SeanO) #6

Nice - had never heard of X++ - looks like its for accounting/business apps? Never used RPG either but it looks like it is also for business? Nice that X++ is object oriented so no pointer wrangling. I’ve used SQL as well - sqlite and SQL Server. Enjoy sqlite - not a massive fan of the beefier versions, but they get the job done. Been using some nosql databases - Mongo and such.

(Jeff Gallman) #7

Yeah, X++ feels like a mix of C# and Java. Microsoft Dynamics competes with SAP. Early on in my career, I mostly worked for carpet manufacturers - most of them run AS400s coding in RPG.

(Kathleen) #8

Welcome, @Jeff_Gallman! Always good to have families participating. :slight_smile: Look forward to having you on here!

(SeanO) #9

I like OO languages, so prob would enjoy X++. Nice, the IBM AS400 has a long history in enterprise applications.

(Andrew Bulin) #10

Welcome aboard! Glad to see another tech person who shows an interest in Christian apologetics. I work mostly in R and SQL (on Redshift clusters), and a little Ruby for everything else. :slight_smile:
It’s the first I’ve heard of X++. Seems quite interesting!