Introduction: Jeff Garland

(Jeff Garland ) #1

Hello everyone my name is Jeff Garland. I’m 44 years old and live in Northeast Tennessee. I have studied Apologetics around four years now and absolutely love it. I tell people I live in the buckle of the Bible Belt and it is extremely hard to get churches and people to understand the importance of apologetics training. I plan on studying more courses through RZIM and continue to try and help others know our Lord Jesus Christ.

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi @Cavemanz28,

Welcome! Having grown up in Atlanta, lived in Boston, and back in Atlanta now, I understand the challenge. Sometimes people think apologetics is a move away from relationship with God. Thinking ABOUT God instead of EXPERIENCING God. It seems like a step down in faith. I encourage you to live such a joy-filled, bold life for Jesus that they won’t get that impression from you. Instead, they’ll see that apologetics is fueling a life of incredible obedience and consecration to Jesus. I hope you’ll get actively involved here so we can encourage one another to grow in faith together.

(Olivia Davis) #3

Hi Jeff! We’re happy to have you here. As someone living in Mississippi, I can definitely relate to sometimes feeling like I have to give an apologetic for apologetics :joy: Like Carson said, I think that our lives themselves can become the greatest witness to the power of God and the importance of apologetics! Cheers!

(Jeff Garland ) #4

My pastor has called me a rare bird before lol. I organized a small Apologetics conference for the past two years now. This year I personally walked in to 40 different churches explaining what we were going to be doing for the day and invited them. I left flyers and information. I had Dave Glander bring one of the five original replicas of the Shroud of Turin to the conference and did not have anyone from the churches I visited come.

(Anthony Costello ) #5

@Cavemanz28

Jeff, it’s great to have you here on Connect. Sounds like you are fighting an uphill battle, but do not fret too much! The way I see it, with the culture at the point it is at, and with the ubiquity of social media, the need for apologetics will simply become overwhelming, even in the buckle of the Bible Belt. Keep up the good fight, and I imagine before long, people will be flocking to you for insight and advice. Just keep training yourself, and be ready. We’ll be praying for you as you go along.

in Christ,
Anthony

(David Cieszynski) #6

Hi Jeff,

Looking forward to your comments and thoughts on future posts.

Like you I meet clergy who have the attitude that apologetics is out dated. But God has plans.

(Helen Tan) #7

Hi @Cavemanz28, welcome to Connect. I look forward to learning from you as we grow together.

(Keldon Scott) #8

Welcome aboard @Cavemanz28. You are equipping yourself in a way that will be a blessing to you and those you encounter. We are glad you have joined us. You have significant support here. I look forward to reading your posts and hearing from Tennessee often.