Introduction: Jeff

member_introductions

(Jeffrey E Blaisdell) #1

Hi everyone, I am Jeff a grateful believer in Christ Jesus who struggles with choosing the world over God (and 12 step humor). I am christian who is interested in the pursuit of truth in my life. Denial of heart issues in my life has been an enormous source of pain in my life. As a follower of God I am therefore seeking opportunities find people with similar desires to myself in my pursuit of truth. Not only for my edification but to pass on to others. Right now I am a nurses assistant at a memory care facility in Tri-Cities WA. I have participated in leadership positions with college, young adult, and recovery ministry teams (go Celebrate Recovery!!)

I am getting married in less than 90 days (to an amazing christian woman) and moving to Minnesota for school shortly after that. I grew up in a christian home that had its issues, but placed in me the faith that I have today.

I have a beautiful family and extended family with beliefs ranging from highly charismatic, to ultra conservative, to new age. I want to meet my family members where they are at and do my best to love them. It is my desire to hear them out even as I put forth my ideas (which I pray line up with the truth, God help me do this).

I love… absolutely love biographies and testimonies. I have read books on Lincoln, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Marten Luther, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson. (and I am always looking for more)

I enjoy some contemporary authors and their faith journeys like Mosab Hassan Yousef, Lee Strobel, and John Eldredge.

Praying for you all.

In service,
Jeff

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi @Gremshaw,

Welcome to Connect! I’m so glad you’ve joined and introduced yourself!

In terms of biographies, have you read Nabeel Qureshi’s Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus and Ravi’s book Walking From East to West? I think you would enjoy both of them! Also, C.S. Lewis wrote A Grief Observed that is a classic for coming to terms with the suffering we experience in life.

Congratulations, also, on your engagement and imminent wedding and marriage! You may find the Lasting App (https://www.getlasting.com) helpful for learning and applying some time-tested principles for building a strong marriage.

I hope we’ll grow together in Connect! I look forward to your contributions.

(SeanO) #3

@Gremshaw Welcome brother! May you continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus as you seek His face and may your family see His love / light in your words and life! One biography that touched me was “God’s Smuggler” by Brother Andrew.

(Joshua Spare) #4

Welcome @Gremshaw! I am excited to hear from you as start to share here on Connect! It sounds like you will have a great deal of insight to offer! I too love biographies, and have recently been extremely encouraged and challenged listening to the series of biography sermons by John Piper.

Praise God for your service in the memory care facility and for your upcoming wedding! I hope that you find a great deal of growth and edification here on Connect.

(Kathleen) #5

Welcome, Jeff! Glad to have you on here, and I look forward to having you join the conversation! Also may I add to the list of biog recs?? :wink:

Apparently I like stories from WW2 and how people came to faith (or remained in the faith) against the odds. Ha!

Blessings for your wedding and the cross-country move coming up!