Introduction: Jerry T. Van Aken

(Jerry T. Van Aken) #1

I just finished the Core course and am excited to keep connected to what I now consider my family at RZIM. The course was great and look forward to participating in more of them in the future.

I live in Springfield, Missouri and if any of you live in the area I would love to get in contact with you. I handle the sermon podcasts for Prince of Peace Lutheran Church. I am also in the middle of developing a bible study course using video production of the lessons for next May on The Book of Revelation.

Jerry

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

@jtvanaken. We are so happy to have in the community. I am sure your background will add some very interesting points of view to the discussions. We have people from all walks of life here. People who are long time faithful believer and people who are new to the whole idea of a faith family. Welcome and God bless your time here.

(Lakshmi Mehta) #3

@jtvanaken, Welcome to Connect! Core module is a great course and its wonderful to hear of your sense of belonging with the RZIM family. I notice blessings going both ways being part of Connect, from us and to us. We can bring some of what God is doing in our life to this larger community and take some from it to our local communities. Book of Revelation is a tough one! God bless the work you are doing in putting the bible study together.

(Jerry T. Van Aken) #4

Thank you Lakshmi,

I forgot to mention I am also doing a podcast on the Psalms. I do one a week and am currently through Psalm 19. Only 131 to go. As you can probably see, this is a long-term project.

The video course on Revelation will be about 25 weeks in length. We will be using Grant Osborne’s commentary “Revelation, Verse by Verse”. We will start videotaping right after the first of the year. It will be a free course for all who would like to participate.

Blessing to you,

Jerry

(Isaiah J. Armstrong) #5

Hello Jerry!
Welcome to our community!
I have almost finished my personal bible study of the book of Revelations and I must say its fascinating!
Glad to have you on board,
Isaiah A

(Jerry T. Van Aken) #6

Thank you Isaiah.