Introduction: Joanne

(Joanne Watson) #1

Hi everyone, I’ve joined because our daughter (not a Christian anymore) has fallen in love with a kind Muslim man. We already have a good relationship with her and want to understand how to intelligently and mindfully deal with her becoming part of his huge family. We are a mixture of terrified, hearts broken, hopeful.

(Joshua Spare) #2

Welcome to Connect, @Joanne! It is a joy to have you join our community here! I am sorry to hear about the difficulty with your daughter, but I will pray with you that both your daughter and the man with whom she has fallen in love will come to know the love that Christ has for us! I think you have come to the right place, coming to Connect, as you will find a great deal of wisdom and intelligence in the responses from the people here. I hope that you find comfort and wisdom as you peruse the discussions and ask questions!

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @Joanne,

I’m so glad you’ve joined. I can see that this is a challenging time for you and your family. But also, such an opportunity to show the unique love of Christ. If you haven’t already gotten them, I would recommend the Understanding and Answering Islam conference videos.

Please do let us know how we can be praying for you and your family. The Connect community is here to be an encouragement and resource as you navigate many questions. I especially want to invite the @Interested_in_Islam folks to join in with any experience and insight they have.

Again, Joanne… welcome. I’m glad you’ve joined!

(Rashidah Lovick) #4

Joanne,

Welcome to this wonderful community! My heart goes out to you as you and your family are in the midst of a very difficult, troubling situation. But God is with you and He is at work! I wanted to share with you an article that was written by a colleague of mine about this very topic. While it may or may not be appropriate for your daughter (since she no longer considers herself a Christian), I think it may be helpful to you. It also includes links to insightful podcasts about the Islamic view of women and a testimony of an American woman who married a tolerant Turkish man.

(Devon ) #5

Hello and Welcome Joanne!

I Am sure that this is a hard time for you, but remember that God has got this, and He is with you. I would suggest that you pray for your daughter and this man and his family. Living out your Life in Christ and showing them through love and repect who Christ is.

If disscussions should come up about Islam or Christianity, the biggest thing is to listen to them, show them that you are interested in what they have to say, and that you care about what they are saying. Ask questions respectfully, to gain more understanding and to get them thinking about things themselves.

God Bless and Remember to lean on Him and let Him lead you, and speak through you to them.

(David Vermaak) #6

Hi @Joanne,

I can only begin to imagine how scary this might be for you, my heart and prayers go out for you!

Some questions:

1. Do you know why your daughter has left the Christian faith?
  2. Do you know where her new boyfriend stands in his beliefs of the Muslim faith?
  3. Does your daughter believe there is a God at all or not?

Rgds.

DV.