Introduction: Joel Bratkovich

member_introductions

(Joel Bratkovich) #1

Hello all: I am a born again follower of Jesus Christ. Raised in a Christian home, I gave my life to the Lord at age 7. I grew up in Wheaton, Illinois and went to Wheaton College where I met my wife of 43 years. We have 6 children and 7 grandchildren. I love this ministry and all that it stands for. I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t listen to a pod cast or read something from RZIM. I am looking forward to the interaction of fellow believers and non-believers alike. Blessings, Joel

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi Joel, welcome to Connect! I love Wheaton - what a beautiful campus! We had the Summer Institute there for many years. Anyone who has been formed by Wheaton, faithful family life, and RZIM will be a blessing to Connect. I welcome your contributions to the discussions!

(Jennifer Judson) #3

Welcome Joel!

(Tim Ramey) #4

@JoelB
Welcome Joel. I feel an immediate kinship with you as I have been married 44 years, have 7 children and 23 grandchildren. My oldest daughter married a man born and raised in Wheaton (He Is the son of Jim Rudolph, his grandfather Erwin Rudolph taught English at Wheaton,) My 2 oldest daughters went to school at Wheaton and it was a favorite of mine.Good to have you join this super group.

(Joel Bratkovich) #5

Good morning Tim,
I know the Rudolph name. Both of my brothers also attended Wheaton and my next older brother Jerry said he didn’t know Jim but knew Zeke very well and assumed that Zeke would have been Jim’s uncle. Zeke unfortunately died at a young age. Jerry was on the church bowling league with Erwin & Zeke. Erwin wrote a book about Zeke’s life & death. Jerry said that Zeke was a terrific guy and that he had double dated with him a few times.

(Tim Ramey) #6

@JoelB
Hello Joel
My wife’s husband is Tom and his father is Jim Rudolph. Jim was Zeke’s brother. Erwin’s book was entitled “Goodbye, My Son.” Erwin just passed away last year. He was over 100 years old.

Joel, I am paralyzed now from a firefighting accident but when my daughters went to college there I wasn’t and I loved running the prairie path. I love Wheaton and the college.

(Joel Bratkovich) #7

Hi Tim & thanks for commenting. So sorry to hear about such a devastating accident! Our youngest son, Peter, is a firefighter / EMT / Paramedic and currently resides in CO. We pray for his safety every day. My brother Jerry wrote back to me yesterday and mentioned the book “Goodbye, My Son” that Erwin wrote about Zeke. I grew up going to Wheaton Bible Church where Erwin was a long-time member. How long have you been involved here with RZIM / Connected?

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #8

Welcome to Connect, @JoelB. I’m happy to hear about your family and love for RZIM. I’m excited to interact with you in the forums. :slight_smile: