Introduction: Joel Vaughn

(Joel Vaughn) #1

Hi everyone,

I started the core module in May, and am very glad that I did. Looking at the Intelligent Design controversy for the last 10 years was instrumental in reconnecting me with my faith, as was seeing how empty the answers were outside the Gospel and how terrible the fruit of those answers are in the world. Along with getting believers to acknowledge their heart questions (instead of suppressing them) and seeing the importance of spiritual community and communion, I’m very interested in helping believers find that harmony between the head and heart in loving God. Like the many Americans living one paycheck away from poverty, many believers are one or two crises/disappointments away from being overwhelmed by the questions lurking in the backs of their minds. And the world’s answers are waiting in the wings for just those opportunities. Believers need more than just to know how to parry questions and issue rebuttals. We need to understand why non-superficial answers are important.

I’m also currently an Outreach Coordinator for the Southern California chapter of the Science and Culture Network [https://bit.ly/2MYxXm8], which is just now starting.

Glad to be here. :slight_smile:

(Lynn craft) #2

Hi Joel!
So glad to see you here. Looking forward to many more conversations with my brothers and sisters in Christ. I am checking out the links you sent. Thank you!

Lynn Craft

(Warner Joseph Miller) #3

Glad to have you here, Joel! Welcome!

(Joel Vaughn) #4

Thank you!

(Joel Vaughn) #5

Thank you, Lynn!

(Lakshmi Mehta) #6

@jvaughn, Welcome to Connect! Wonderful to see your involvement with the scientific community. I used to be in pharmaceutical research and have experienced some of the skepticism against Christian faith. May God bless your outreach work. Look forward to learning from your experiences here on Connect!

(Jimmy Sellers) #7

Very astute observation. You will fit in well with this group of like minded believers. Welcome.