Introduction: John

member_introductions

(John K Stock) #1

Hi everyone!

Greetings and Peace from Toronto, Canada! I asked Jesus to be my Lord and Savior 12 years ago when I was 53 years of age. Until the year 2000, I was very involved in “organized religion” but did not have a relationship with Jesus Christ. My “ministry” is to intercede at God’s throne for all people to come to know the Lord in a very personal, loving way. My message is simple: Jesus Loves You more than you will ever imagine. If today you hear His voice, harden not your hearts.

(Jimmy Sellers) #2

Welcome to connect. I am sure that you find that the connect community will share and and encourage you in your mission statement as we all have a heart for the lost.

(Keldon Scott) #3

Welcome aboard. So glad that you have a heart the for evangelism. Please do share from time to time some of your experiences here. I know that people will come alongside you and encourage you. Best to you

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

Hi @Bjorn65,

Welcome to Connect! I would love to hear more about your story - what led you from organized religion to a relationship with God?

I’m grateful for your heart for prayer. I think you’ll find a like-minded brother in Christ in @Tim_Ramey!

(John K Stock) #5

Thank you, brother! For most of my adult life, I served the Lord as a monastic in the Russian Orthodox tradition. In the year 2000, I decided to leave that world and that church because I never felt welcome and was always made to feel “not good enough”. A colleague from work started to talk to me about my journey with Christ and I realized that I had spent the majority of the time trying to get it right, i.e learn Russian, learn all of the “rituals”, etc., that I never really spent time talking with the Lord, sitting at His throne, feeding on His Word. She and I started to read “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren and I wanted to go back to church. I landed at The Peoples Church in Toronto and, in 2003, on a Sunday morning, I gave my life to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. As I look back, I realize that the Lord never wanted any of the ritual from me - He wanted my heart! And so, I keep my relationship with the Lord and I pray for people. Prayer works.