Introduction: Josh

member_introductions

(Joshua Spare) #1

Hello All! I wanted to say a quick hello and introduce myself. I was born and lived in Nepal for the first six years of my life before moving to the United States. I lived in the midwest (Nebraska & Kansas) for a few years before we moved to New Mexico, where I have lived ever since, apart from one year in the UK studying at the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (OCCA). I had the privilege of growing up with believing parents, but it took me until midway through my teenage years to see my need for repentance and salvation, and for me to turn and believe in Christ as Lord and Savior.

In college, I was fortunate to discover how phenomenally fantastic it is to study philosophy, and from there it was a natural segue to theology and apologetics. Currently, I work as a the operations manager for a small real estate team here in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and take every opportunity that I can to read and learn more philosophy and theology! I have the privilege of being married to my wonderful wife for 5 years now, and we have a 1 year son who is quite a handful!

I have already immensely enjoyed reading through some of the discussions that have happened here on Connect, and have found it encouraging, uplifting, and challenging! Keep up the excellent conversations, and I hope that I might be able to add a bit here and there as well!

Blessings!

(SeanO) #2

@jspare Josh, welcome! I have been married to a wonderful young lady for 5 years as well - marriage is indeed a great blessing! Look forward to interacting out on the forums. The Spirit of Christ be with you!

(Ivy Tyson) #3

Hi friend! :slight_smile: So good to see you! How are you and the family doing?

(David Bruce Young) #4

Welcome, Josh!

(Keldon Scott) #5

Welcome! Awesome to have you aboard. Quite a breadth of experiences you have had. I would love to go to OCCA some day. My mom’s whole family has root in Nebraska. How is the real estate in NM? I drive through once in a while when I drive by on my way to Phoenix where my two boys and grandson live. I look forward to reading your posts – give us some of the OCCA goodness. :slight_smile:

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi @jspare,

Welcome! :slight_smile: I’m grateful for your willingness to serve the Connect community. It is exciting to bring on OCCA alumni as moderators here!

(Joshua Spare) #7

Thanks, All! I appreciate the warm welcome!