Introduction: Joshua Johnson

member_introductions

(Joshua Johnson) #1

Hi everyone!
I am the senior pastor of Worden UMC in Kansas. I have been a pastor for 6 years now. I am currently a doctor of ministry student at Asbury Theological Seminary. My dissertation project is on the use of apologetical training materials in the local church for millennials. My heart is in preaching and engaging tough issues for my church members. I have included use of apologetical materials when I teach my high school students. I would love to get more involved in apologetics when and where I can.

I am still pretty new to apologetics but have immersed myself heavily into it the last 3 to 4 years. I think Ravi and the whole RZIM team are wonderful and give excellent talks as well as produce great resources.

(Keldon Scott) #2

Welcome aboard. Best to you in your endeavors. You will like connect. It is really a good place to converse re evangelism and apologetics. Your goals are awesome. I sit on a board of directors for the Michigan School of Apologetics. Aaron Wentz wrote a course as part of his dissertation as I understand from Biola. Check it out if you are interested. http://www.michigansoa.org/
Glad to have you with us.

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @revjsjohnson, welcome!

It is an honor to have you join. We love pastors and want to serve them well! I am particularly excited to hear that you are doing a D.Min at Asbury on training millennials in apologetics. Please share with us what you learn!

Also, we’d love to have the high school and college students of your church participate in the Writing Competition: Why Evangelism Matters To Me that we’re running.

Finally, we’d love to be a backup research team for you and your church members as they encounter tough questions.

(Jimmy Sellers) #4

@revjsjohnson:
Welcome. I am glad that you recognize the need for aplogetics particularly in the youth. It has been my prayer that the staff at our church would do like wise. I hope God blesses your efforts.

(Joshua Johnson) #5

Thank you very much! I have been checking out the Michigan School of Apologetics. That looks fantastic! It is great to meet you!

(Joshua Johnson) #6

Thank you for your words. I am early in the project, but I am eager to see what it brings. I would love to share it with everyone that will find it useful.