Introduction: Joshua Steele

member_introductions

(Joshua Steele) #1

Hi everyone, my name is Josh. I am a RZIM listener on the podcast, and I am currently reading “Jesus Among Other gods” by R.Z. and V.V.
I have enjoyed and been so challenged by Ravi’s messages and I desire to be able to share the Christian faith in such a real and coherent way.

Currently, I am pursuing an undergraduate degree (my first) in biblical studies. My desire is to enter pastoral ministry, and I am busy serving in teaching roles as well as worship leading in my church.

I am looking forward to learning from this forum and continuing to grow in my faith. I came to Christ at the young age of five, but spent most of my teen years in pursuit of the pleasures of this world. By God’s grace I am walking with Him again now, and growing in Christ.

Blessings,
Josh

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi Josh, what a great introduction! I’m so encouraged to hear about how God is at work in your life. We’d love to hear how God got ahold of your life and brought you into a pathway of growing in Christ!

(Joshua Steele) #3

Hi Carson,
After running from God for several years, I found myself in much the same position as the prodigal son: living in filth and penniless. Thankfully, some loving family members stepped in and lifted me up to a second chance at life. Of course, God was behind all of this, and by His grace and mercy I was able to regain my footing, gain employment, and restart my life. Part of the requirements for being in their (my aunt and uncle’s) life was that I was expected to attend church with them on a regular basis. Sitting there in that small town church, under the preaching of God’s Word, I began to reconsider my spiritual life and I began, ever so slowly, to return to God. I am at a different church now, married, and we have eight children ages 3-20 (6 adopted, 2 biological). I praise God for my godly wife and our marriage of more than 20 years. God has done incredible things in our lives over the years. I have fallen in love with teaching others the truth from the Bible, and I am excited to have opportunity to do that within our church. I’m excited for what God has in store for us as we look for His leading into whatever ministry He has for us. I hope to be able to learn and grow more as a result of this forum and apply those truths to my teaching, both in our home and at church.

(Jessica Helena Sutedjo) #4

Hi Josh. It’s really an inspiring story. Looking forward to hear your wisdom as well and learn about Christ deeper

(Rainier Pagcaliwagan) #5

Hi Josh!
Thank you for sharing your story. I have been in full-time ministry for many years now, and RZIM has helped me a lot in articulating my faith specially to those whose worldviews are opposed to my Christian worldview. May God continue to use RZIM to equip you for your personal ministry.
Blessings!
Rainier

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #6

Hello @josh_steele! Welcome to Connect! I’m glad to know how Ravi’s messages had affected you. Looking forward to learn with you here. :slight_smile:

(Mitch) #7

welcome

(Carson Weitnauer) #8

Hi Josh, that is really powerful. I’m especially encouraged to hear how you and your wife are investing in the lives of your children. What an incredible gift of love it is to have two parents seeking after Christ and walking on that path with their children. I look forward to learning from you - many in the forum are parents looking for resources and wisdom on raising their children to follow the Lord, as well as teenagers praying for their friends and family to know Christ.