Introduction: Laurie K

(Laurie King) #1

Hi brothers and sisters! (How cool is that to know?!) We’ll Sean has shamed, er prompted, me into introducing myself after months of participation and getting that last little open box checked. Seriously, I just realized how much I enjoy reading everyone’s introductions and feeling connected to each of you from all over this amazing planet.

I just began my 6th decade of life, live in Michigan, have a wonderful husband of 38 years and 3 grown children. I’ve been following RZIM for a couple of years now and am so thankful for the incredible teachers, classes and resources such as this one. I’m a retired parole officer and then teacher and still do lots of one on one tutoring out of my home. Using my gifts in this way, to shore up kids who struggle and help them learn how to learn is one of my greatest delights. Only one of my three adult children is walking with the Lord and to see the others choose him is my hearts strongest cry.

Thank you to each of you who post, I have learned so much from you!

(SeanO) #2

@Laurieb75 Haha, yes, the empty checkbox beckons. Great to hear more of your story! May the Lord richly bless the work you do with the kids in Michigan and open the eyes / heart of your kids to see the glory and love of Jesus in the Gospel. Christ be with you as you grow in the grace and knowledge of Him. See you on the forums :slight_smile:

(Keldon Scott) #3

Welcome aboard from a fellow michigander. Glad you checked the Box. And I’m glad that Sean finally had influence with somebody. Just kidding obviously. Where are you from? I’m in Lansing. I look forward to reading what you post. God bless.

(Laurie King) #4

Thanks so much Sean. I love all your wisdom and insight and links!

(Laurie King) #5

Thanks Keldon! I’m from West Michigan, Grand Rapids area, but was a Spartan eons ago so I spent 4 years in your neck of the woods.

(Keldon Scott) #6

Awesome. I get over to the GR area in my practice a bit, and I am on a board called Grace Explorations. It is a men’s ministry mainly – they meet at Founders 1x per month at what they call Basecamp. If you know some men who might want to hear some other stories of men living a Christian life, they are welcome. Check out: graceexplorations.com/base-camp. Hope your holiday season is awesome. Kel.

(Laurie King) #7

Oh Keldon, that sounds amazing! I shared it with my husband right away and he was very interested and put it on his calendar. I’m so happy you shared it with me!

(Carson Weitnauer) #8

This is so cool! @Laurieb75 and @Keldon_Scott, I’m so glad to hear of this connection!