Introduction: Lonnie Hunter

(Oliver Hunter) #1

Hi everyone,
I’m Lonnie. I’ve been listening to Ravi Zacharias for over 20 years. I completed the RZIM core module a couple years ago and I am always looking for better ways to communicate the gospel to people especially since I’m a Sunday school teacher a chaplain with truck stop ministries and a Gideon. I always find Ravi’s teaching very good but the way he can engage with most people is really impressive.

(Andrew Bulin) #2

Welcome, @Lonnie!

I’ve never heard of truck stop ministries. Do you have more information on this? It sounds very interesting! Did you use to be a trucker yourself?

My late father-in-law was a Gideon and this always helped to serve as an additional testimony to others.

(Oliver Hunter) #3

Truck stop ministries has close to 70 chapels in 29 states. The ministry was started in 1981 by a truck driver who became frustrated because he couldn’t attend church regularly because of his schedule. Anyway, he said the Lord told him to start a Bible study at the truck stop. He said it was the craziest thing he had ever heard but it has been going for 37 years now. Joe Hunter was the driver that started it and sadly he passed away back in July, but the ministry is still going strong.
You can check out truck stop ministries international or tmi.com and that will probably explain the ministry much better than I can.

(Warner Joseph Miller) #4

Wow, @Lonnie! That’s awesome, brother. I’d never heard of a truck stop ministries, either. Great to have you here, man. Welcome to the Connect community!