Introduction: Lorna

member_introductions

(Lorna Abwonji) #1

Hallo RZIM community. I’m very excited to be a part of this platform. My name is Lorna Abwonji from Nairobi Kenya. I am a fashion designer by profession but i also have a huge passion for discipleship and i volunteer in my church Nairobi Chapel and also host a weekly Bible study group. I am also an online missionary with Global Media Outreach
I love engaging with people from all over the world and learn about what it means to be a Christian in different cultural contexts.
i got an opportunity this year to go on my first mission trip outside of my country to Germany and it was great and very eye opening and most amazingly seeing God at Work.
Can’t wait to continue interacting with you guys here, really hoping to learn a lot and share a lot as well
September 11, 2018 (Europe: Paris), September 11, 2018 (America: Los Angeles)

(Warner Joseph Miller) #2

Welcome to CONNECT, Lorna!!! My name is Warner and I’m one of the moderators on Connect. Sending you a great, big WELCOME from Brooklyn, New York City, USA!!! So glad you are here!

(Lorna Abwonji) #3

Thank you Warner,:blush::blush: grateful to be here as well.

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

Hi @Lorna_Abwonji,

Welcome! I trust you know of the brilliant, humble evangelist @John_Njoroge, the Country Director for RZIM Kenya? I’m grateful for his faithful witness to the truth.

As you serve with Global Media Outreach, I’m sure you will run into many questions. Please know that the RZIM family is standing by to be of aid to you and the rest of the volunteer team at GMO.

It sounds like you are a gifted leader. I would be delighted if you invested your talents and time in helping us grow in our faith here. I’m glad to meet you, my sister in Christ!

(Lorna Abwonji) #5

Hi @CarsonWeitnauer thank you so much for your encouraging words. Serving at GMO helped me alot especially understanding the cultural context of some of the issues people have. It made me more diligent in pursuing avenues to grow my knowledge in god’s Word.
I have been looking for an apologetics class for a year now in Kenya until i came across this site.Was actually watching one of Ravi Zacharias talks and got so inspired. I hope that means there is a class available in Kenya would be so thrilled.
Either way I am very happy to be here learning and sharing with other believers

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi Lorna, the best class option we have would be the RZIM Academy, since it is completely online. I think you would love that experience and find it fits well with the discussions in Connect.

(Lorna Abwonji) #7

Thank you Carson, will definitely look into that
Blessed weekend

(CarolAndrews) #10

Hello, Lorna. I have just joined this group too and am enthusiastic about where it will take me. I just thought I’d let you know that I have almost completed the Core Module of RZIM Academy and have found so so helpful and beneficial. It has challenged my thinking and manner of approaching people. I found support of group participants greatly encouraged by our facilitator who is at all times approachable. The lectures and presenters are easy to listen too and obviously know their subject/topics well so make the lectures easier to grasp. I am really glad I enrolled. Hope this is of some me help to you. Blessings Carol :blush:

(Lorna Abwonji) #11

Hi @Carol thank you for reaching out. Will definitely check out the Core Module, Thank you for the tip.
Blessings
Lorna: blush: