Introduction: Lou Hablas

rzim-employee

(Lou Hablas) #1

Hi Connect Community! My name is Lou Hablas, and I’m excited to be part of this community with each of you. I’m a long-time RZIM employee - 17 years this month - and work “behind the scenes” as RZIM’s IT Director. For so many reasons, working with the team at RZIM has been an amazing blessing and I’m extremely thankful to God for answering a prayer that began in 2000 and leading me here in early 2002.

Denver, Colorado is my birth state, but as the son of an Air Force officer, I’ve called several states “home” over the years. I moved to Georgia in 1986, after graduating from the University of Virginia, and have lived in Alpharetta since 2000. I’ve been married to Beth since 1996, and we’ve been blessed with two beautiful children - Madison & Patrick.

I joined Connect soon after Carson created it, but am only now posting an intro. Anybody who knows me knows that - similar to my avid interest in photography and being the picture taker - I prefer watching, listening, learning. This said, what each of you regular contributors do for the community is amazing and appreciated! Perhaps I’ll chime in from time to time, and when I do it will likely be to offer encouragement or perhaps another perspective; but, I’ll always enjoy seeing what God is doing in and through each of you and how He is working through this great community called Connect.

Blessings to each of you!

Lou

(LaTricia J.) #2

Thank you for joining us Lou! I completely identify preferring to listen, watch, and learn. I’m getting out of my bubble to engage more and hopefully contribute more. We’re very happy to have you here with us!

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

@Lou_Hablas, I’m grateful for the wonderful example you have set for me of what it looks like to follow Jesus for many decades now. It is an honor to have you join Connect.

(Lou Hablas) #4

Thank you very much, @LaTricia_January. I suspect there are many like us among the crowd. I’m encouraged by you taking action to step out of the bubble and engage more actively; I need to do the same, and look forward to “seeing” you around Connect.

(Lou Hablas) #5

So, you’re saying I’m old @CarsonWeitnauer? LOL. Young at heart, but definitely not a spring chicken. Carson, thank you for your ever-present encouragement and inspiration to seek Him more every day.

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

All I’m saying is, I think we’re going on about three decades of knowing each other…

(Linda Nikitin) #7

Thursday, February 14, 2019
Thanks SO MUCH Lou, for sharing and for your work and all the staff at RZIM. I love RZIM and Connect and I am memorizing Colossians with our Colossians group started by Tim Ramey here in Connect. I listen to Let My People Think on TV on Monday nights on The Hillsong Channel via Dish Network from 9:30 pm - 9:55 pm on Channel 258. What A JOY! What a HELP - How The Lord Jesus uses it to strengthen and help me and give me JOY! I can rejoice that The Lord Jesus made me and I think deeply. I don’t have to think that there is something wrong with me because I think deeply. I don’t have to apologize for thinking deeply. I can say Thank You, Lord Jesus that you help me to think deeply and you guide my thinking.
Blessings Lou.
From Linnie :blush:

(Scott Clifton) #8

Thanks for introducing yourself @Lou_Hablas! It’s great to hear from the people behind such a remarkable ministry as RZIM.

(Lou Hablas) #9

@Linnie Thank YOU for your wonderful words! Your JOY is infectious and sincerely appreciated, and I bet those with whom you come in contact feel the same. Continued blessings to you in every way!

(Lou Hablas) #10

Thank you, @sclifton. It took a while to finally take the plunge, but I’m glad to have finally done so. Blessings to you in all you do!

(Linda Nikitin) #11

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Thanks Lou, for your kind reply and encouragement.

Blessings
Linnie

(Scott Clifton) #13

I’m glad you did @Lou_Hablas, God bless you!

(Lou Hablas) #14

Greetings back to you, Monty @MontyD! I love the “connection” and have a deep appreciation for you A/V folks. Similar to your experience, our team works closely with RZIM’s Media team too; and, it’s interesting to see the similarities AND differences between both areas, despite both being so technology-centric. You mentioned “retired” - what doing now? Blessings on your day and your weekend!

(LaTricia J.) #16

@MontyD I looked at your site earlier today - excellent work!

(Billie Corbett) #17

Wow! Thank you, Lou! What an interesting introduction.
I am just learning my way around this online format…but, Praise God for the benefits it can give to God’s people. Praise God for the role you have in this work, and thank you for occupying that role faithfully.

One of the areas I find lacking in the modern church is the opportunity to ask the questions that arise in the heart while searching the scriptures.
I find little opportunity to ask the challenging questions that occur to me. Plus, I have found, when I do ask, there is defensiveness or protectiveness in the responses of people…as if it is blasphemous to be curious, confused, or question.
I am not doubting God…I am doubting my understanding of scripture or the understanding of others.
To me it is very sad, because leaders in the church, cannot really know God’s people if they dont know how the children of God are understanding God’s word.
An open format like this gives a safe space to explore the deeper things of our faith…and encourages the freedom to do just that.
Faith can be nurtured and grow.