Introduction: Marc

member_introductions

(Marc Pronovost) #1

Hello everyone.

I love the different channels of RZIM. I’ve enjoyed the podcasts for a number of years. Happy to join this community.

My son is 16 years old. We have a good relationship and enjoy talking about various topics in apologetics. I want to continue having these conversations with him in order to prepare him for when he goes to university and out on his own. I want to be prepared for difficult questions and issues as he continues to grow up and grow in his walk with the Lord.

I also go for walks at lunch time with coworkers, where topics on religion and atheism frequently come up. I want to be better prepared for these conversations too.

I’m thankful for this community. Hope I can help others too.

(SeanO) #2

@MPronovost Welcome to Connect! It is a great place to both help others and learn as we seek to share Christ with our community and family. I have encountered these topics at work as well and have had some great conversations. May the Lord continue to bless you with opportunities to share Him and wisdom as you engage with your coworkers and may Christ strengthen your son’s faith as he grows in the grace and knowledge of Jesus!

(Joshua Spare) #3

Welcome @MPronovost! Praise God for you and your heart for raising your son well! I hope you find great encouragement and nourishment from this community as you engage with your questions and responses. And that as you engage both with your son and with your co-workers, that you would find an encouraging and supportive community here to help think through the best capacities in which to engage with the difficult questions. Again, welcome!

(Kathleen) #4

So glad to have you with us, @MPronovost! (Also, this might be the best username I’ve come across yet.) I love that you have opportunities to speak about these things with both your son and your coworkers, and I will be praying for all those conversations…that the love and light of Christ will shine forth from you, that they may know Him. All the best to you, and looking forward to having you a part of the conversation!

(Carson Weitnauer) #5

Hi @MPronovost,

Welcome to Connect! The podcasts are incredible - so glad you’ve joined Connect. I find there is a major improvement in how much I understand when I discuss it with others. I look forward to processing the questions your son and your co-workers are discussing with you. I would suggest that many others would have the same questions and that our discussion will help them too.