Introduction: - Mark Acevedo

member_introductions

(Mark Acevedo) #1

Hi everyone,
My name is Mark Acevedo and I am 59 years young and originally from Brooklyn NY, but living in Orlando Florida. I am a bi-vocational Pastor of an independent new church here in Orlando. I had completed the RZIM base module and wanted to find a way to stay connected to this community. There is a wealth of information surrounding this community and I wanted to be a part of it. I am all about the Gospel. The true Gospel of Christ. The one that changes lives, the one that is in power, the one the glorifies Christ. We have a saying in my little church, “For the Glory of God, the Glory of Christ, for the Glory of the Gospel.”

I am looking forward to walking with you all on this magnificent journey of faith!
Mark

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi Mark, welcome! It is great to meet a bivocational pastor. I’m sure you have many demands upon your time! We’d love to come alongside you as a resource for you and the members of your church as you press into evangelism across your city. And we’d love to be learning and growing from your wisdom too!

(Mark Acevedo) #3

Thank you brother. That is why I am here. I live about 10 minutes away from the second largest university in the US, The University of Central Florida. We have folks on campus that evangelize and I want to equip them with more resources. And as a church we want to be an outpost for the Gospel. I will take all the help I can get. Lol!

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

That’s awesome! UCF is a great school and I’m excited that you’re contributing to the university through your ministry. We’d love to have members of your church involved in Connect and for this to be another resource for them as they share the faith on campus.

(Mark Acevedo) #5

I plan to share this with some of my members as a resource tool for them. The college campus environment is extremely challenging and becoming increasingly depraved. This will be a great tool for them.

(Natasha Morton) #6

Hi Mark and welcome!
I look forward to the discussions!! Sounds like you’ll have some great insights!

(Mark Acevedo) #7

Thank you Natasha. I look forward to contributing and learning from everyone.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #8

Hello @mark. Welcome to Connect! Looking forward to learn with you in this community. :slight_smile: