Introduction: Mark Alan Fishel

member_introductions

(Mark Alan Fishel) #1

Hi everyone,
I am new to RZIM Connect. I am missionary in Cambodia. I have served here for almost 10 years now. I have been an overseas missionary for 17 years total. I served in Hungary and the Czech Republic also. I am looking forward to interacting here in this forum as time permits. An area I am really interested in is the uniqueness of Christ among other religions and ideologies in the world. I just finished reading Dr. Zacharias’ book, Jesus Among Other Gods. It was excellent. If there are any Cambodians out there reading this, Happy Cambodian New Year!
Peace of Christ to You,
Mark Fishel

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi Mark, Happy Cambodian New Year! What are the festivities like??

So glad to have you join in Connect. Our heart is for evangelism undergirded by apologetics. I look forward to strengthening what you are doing and having our community strengthened by your perspective! May God bless your ministry in Cambodia!

(Megan Kemp) #3

Hi Mark!

I, too, am quite interested in the uniqueness of Christ among other religions in the world. Have you gotten a hold of Jesus Among Secular Gods yet? I’m working my way through that.

Welcome to RZIM Connect! It’s great to have you here.

Megan

(Mark Alan Fishel) #4

Thank you Carson.
Cambodian New Year is a big family time. People always travel to there home provinces to be with their extended families. I always enjoy staying in the city because it is quieter during the time because so many people are gone. Water and baby powder are two important components of the festivities. The water is for cleansing to start the new year with a clean slate. I have not been able to get any good explanation from anyone about the baby powder though. So it is just basically a big water fight. I do not think that maybe that was the original intent though. Then people plaster each others faces with the baby powder. They do not allow the water fight in the city now because in the past accidents have been caused by it. So now it is reserved for the Buddhist temples.

I am looking forward to the conversation.

(Mark Alan Fishel) #5

Hi Megan,
Yes I do have Jesus Among Secular Gods. I just finished Jesus Among Other Gods. Though it would be great to read two books by Dr. Zacharias back to back, I always think it is good to have a little verity. I will read it soon though.

Mark

(R.Tim Nolin) #6

Welcome aboard. You have a great perspective on focusing on those fundamentals that are unique and special to Christianity unlike any other religion. Especially in this time when relativism and pluralism seems to confuse our message of Christ to just another choice among many ways to have a spiritual life. No other religion has a God that sacrifices themselves for the sake of saving their creation.

(Mark Alan Fishel) #7

Thank you Tim. It is difficult in our world today as you say. When you put forth the absolute claims of Christ and his uniqueness in comparison to others, you get labeled as phobic this or phobic that. They hated Christ and he promised that the world would hate us too. That promise always seems to be missing from those promise books that Christians put out though.