Introduction:Martina Valcharova

(Martina Valchářová) #1

Hi everyone,

My name is Martina and I come from the Czech Republic, small country in the Central Europe. I’m a newborn Christian, for years I was involved in New Age teachings, meditation etc. until I was called by Jesus to read the Bible. New Age is actually a vast smorgasbord of beliefs and practices. Each New Ager fills his tray with whatever assortment fits his appetite. All is liberally seasoned with self-centeredness. It’s really a Have-It-Your-Way religion – thus its modern appeal.
the typical New Ager believes:

God is in everything (pantheism) 
All things are one 
Man is God
Mind creates reality
One’s own experience validates the truth

New Agers are Universalists, believing that all paths lead to God. They fault Christians for being intolerant and narrow-minded. Yep - I sure did…mind you withour ever reading the Bible… But God’s word anticipates this: “Enter the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the path that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” (Matthew 7:13)
New Agers are in a lot of confusion. That’s because they haven’t found the Truth, but only what fits into the spiritual perspective they have constructed. As in the Garden of Eden, the lie has never changed.

I’m studying Bible nowadays, halfway through:) and I’m looking forward to be in this group:)

(SeanO) #2

@Martina_Valcharova Praise the Lord that you have found the Way, the Truth and the Life - our Savior Jesus! Welcome to Connect and look forward to having some great discussions. May you grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus through your time here.

(Lakshmi Mehta) #3

@Martina_Valcharova, Welcome to Connect! So glad to hear that you have found Jesus! May the Lord guide you and may His reality become greater and greater as you seek Him in His Word. (1 Peter 2:1-3…like newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the word, that by it you may grow in respect to salvation, if you have tasted the kindness of the Lord.) I look forward to learning with you as we may have similar interests and questions with your new age background and my Hindu background. God bless!

(Martina Valchářová) #4

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Martina Valchářová) #5

Thank you, I’m familiar with Hinduism , I ’ ve been to India for almost a year.

(Kathleen) #6

Welcome to Connect, @Martina_Valcharova! We’re glad you’ve joined our community here. And thank you for sharing a bit of your story with us! :slight_smile: I wanted to ask you about what it looked like for Jesus to call you to read the Bible. Did He use a person to encourage you to do so or did He reveal Himself to you in another way?

(Martina Valchářová) #7

Thank you. Yes, I was pretty much called to read the Bible

(Keldon Scott) #8

Welcome aboard @Martina_Valcharova. So glad you have joined us. I am certain you will be a great resource for people who have questions regarding new age World view. I look forward to reading your posts. Congratulations on your truth discovery. God is good.

(Martina Valchářová) #9

Thank you Keldon, yes I know the Truth now, thanks God

(Andrew Bulin) #10

Welcome, @Martina_Valcharova!
I find the all-inclusive types of beliefs fascinating from the standpoint that the adherents believe they are accepting all truth, which turns out to be idealist and illogical. Truth by definition is exclusive by nature of being truth. To say all truth is truth fails if I say the truth of Jesus Christ is exclusive.

I’m curious what sort of conversations you have been able to have with the friends who are still into New Age beliefs.

(Martina Valchářová) #11

Hello Andrew, yes now I know that there is only one truth. The first year of being new born Christian was extremely difficult. My country is in top three of the most secular countries in the world. I’m the only Christian in my family. I struggle to find Christians friends of my age in the area where I live. When I start to talk about Jesus I get mocked most of the time. I went through spiritual warfare. I threw away all my NA items and books. I lost many friends in NA, sadly they just couldn’t accept the truth… NA and Christianity are like oil and water, they don’t mix.But I keep praying for them. I also got in touch with Doreen Virtue one of the best selling NA authors who converted to Christianity and wrote a book about it Joy of Jesus. I’m currently translating it to my language , I hope it will help people who are still on the wrong path in NA.

(Kathleen) #12

Wow! I pray that the Lord blesses your work of translation! And I am also praying that God sends along more people in your life who can encourage you in your walk and whom you can serve and encourage. We certainly hope this community can be a place of encouragement for you, but nothing is quite like having people present in the flesh to share life with. Have you been able to join a church near you yet?

(Robb Poirier ) #13

May God use you to be a light on a hill in your country.
It more powerful to here your story then someone who was brought up in a church. Very very powerful. Jesus is still the same as yesterday and ppl are being saved all over the world. It good news bc the rest of the news is so worldly I cringe. Thanks for sharing. May God bless all of your days and open the eyes and ears of your family. Love you shared here…

(Martina Valchářová) #14

Thank you Robb, yes I believe that Jesus is calling his flock back , whoever has opened heart and ears to hear him. I grew up during communism, faith was persecuted back than.My grandma was believer, but unfortunatelly she never explained the gospel to me.

(Martina Valchářová) #15

Hi Kathleen, thank you:) yes I was able to join the church its about 6 miles from the place I live.The members are mostly seniors. I travel a lot thanks to my job, so currently Im in the UK and I always run to the nearest church on Sunday. I also listen to preachers online, like Charles Stanley , Alastair Begg etc. Coming out of NA deception Im also shocked how it creeps into churches. For example Joel’s Olsteen preaching is nothing but New Age garbage wrapped up in Christian terms.

(Margaret Smith) #16

Welcome Martina so lovely to hear that you know Jesus. you say you were called to read your bible. I find that so interesting. I live in a very new age area and I find that new age people love to talk about spiritual matters and we can have many points of agreement ,but it seems almost impossible for them to relate things to Gods truth, I recognise the attitude you describe in the new age people I meet. It seems to me that your experience of a change of beliefs was very much a move of God. Is there any way to plant a seed that may help to open their hearts to see the wonderful blessing of seeing life through Gods love.

(Martina Valchářová) #17

Hello Meggie, one of the biggest New Age teachers Doreen Virtue converted to Christianity. She wrote a book about it Joy of Jesus, its available for free download on her website. She got horrible backlash from NA community for that. Honestly there are only two paths, and I was on the wrong one for years. It was tough coming out cause the Satan has hold on you. I recommend reading this book so you understand NA mentality better, and please pray for them. Maybe someone was praying for me , so Jesus saved me.

(Margaret Smith) #18

Thank you Martina, it is so good and encouraging to read of your experience and determination to follow Jesus, I am sure it was not easy. I have visited Doreen’s web site and it does look interesting, I will explore that further and download her book. thank you.
I have done and do pray for the area as does some of my friends.
It does seem though that it would take more than a mere mortal like me to impact them, they are such a tight nit community. Those I know
who are now Christian have all had a powerful and deep touch directly from our Lord. Like you, they too now have a better understanding of Jesus and His word than do most Christians.
I find that Ravi Zacharias ministries are a great help as is Solas a Scottish branch of the same ministry. As you say Keep praying and loving Thank you It seems my last message was sent part way through I do not find messaging easy So sorry