Introduction: Maureen

member_introductions

(Maureen Barnes) #1

Hi everyone, I live in the beautiful Okanagan in British Columbia. I have no fine degree to boast of…to my dismay.
I have wore many hats, including Paramedic, Counselor, and Community Health Care.
One good thing is that I read…all the time. I am not an apologist, though I love to read and ponder the things of great minds like all of you at RZIM. I am blessed to be on Abdu’s book launch group “Saving Truth…” I have two grown sons, 3 grandkids and my bookshelves are full…as is my kindle. I function as an intercessor and encourager :slight_smile: God bless you all.

(Helen Tan) #2

Hi Maureen, a warm and groovy welcome to Connect! You’ll find lots of like-minded people here who love the Lord and are here to learn more from one another. You’ll also find a lot of avid readers who will point us to even more books! What books are you are currently inspired by?

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #3

@Groovy. Welcome to Connect, Maureen. I’m happy to read that you love reading. You’ll indeed find many like-minded people who love the Lord here as @Helen_Tan said. For sure, you’ll be able to help encourage God’s people here as you share your learnings with us as well. :slight_smile:

(Keldon Scott) #4

@Groovy welcome aboard. So good to have another Avid Reader. I too am on the launch Team. I have really enjoyed reading some of the posts. It is amazing how many out there want to help promote the book as well as actually dig in and learn. I’m sure you will be a valuable to this community. God bless and participate often.

(Melvin Greene) #5

Hi, @Groovy. I really like your @ name! I’m not familiar with the beautiful Okanagan. What’s it like there? You don’t have to worry about not having a degree. I don’t have one either. But, I know you have a lot of insights and wisdom to share. I’m excited to have you here, and I’m sure you’ll feel right at home. For one thing, there are a lot of avid readers here like yourself. Welcome to Connect!

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi Maureen, welcome to Connect! I’m grateful that you’re part of Abdu’s book launch team - it looks like an amazing book! Intercessors, encouragers, avid readers, and faithful disciples are a huge blessing to Connect. I hope you’ll stick around. :slight_smile:

(Jennifer Judson) #7

Welcome, Maureen. I love that in this community we can converse with folks from every corner of the globe. I’m an artist, no philosophy or theology degree here. What we all have in common seems to be a love of the Lord and enquiring minds…oh, and open hearts, too.