Introduction: My Name Here su?ie

Hi everyone
I’m su?ie
I’m a new widow. Just trying to find my way as a “me’ instead of ‘we’. I think I’m doing alright and then i crash. Since my husband was diagnosed and eventually died the verse I cling to is psalm 23 verse 1 “ THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD. I can’t even imagine how I could have gotten through this last year without that verse

8 Likes

So sorry to hear of your loss. We will certainly be keeping you in prayer. If you ever have prayer requests please visit the Prayer Section of Connect. Welcome! I hope you find your time here encouraging.

1 Like

I watch “let my people think’ televised on a local station. I love how a ‘big God’. Is discussed.

Hi Susie. I’m glad you joined. This is a great community of believers where we can be further strengthened in our walk of faith. Ps. 23 is also one of my favorites.

Blessings,

1 Like

Thank you Evan. Him looking forward to learning more about room
I spelled my name su?ie because I always spelled it your way …Susie but my brother spells it …suzie. He rationalizes it because my name is suzanne.

However it’s written in the Lambs Book of Life is fine by me.

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @Shiner. My condolences to you for your loss. Thank you for coming alongside us. It is a blessing to us to be able to befriend you and to call you a colleague in our forum. Know that you are loved here. There are so many here that are so very caring and well read. Please take advantage of the many categories that may serve to bless you. God-bless you and your walk.

1 Like

Hi @Shiner, Iam so sorry to hear of your loss. I am thankful you have chosen to join here. You can reach out for prayer anytime. Please do engage when you feel led to do so, offering your thoughts and insight. Take care and know that you are being lifted up in prayer :pray:t3::heart:

2 Likes

I’m still not sure how to connect and participate in the community. Your prayers are so appreciated and needed. Any suggestions ?
I m not sure how personal to get, part of country I live in, family issues, church issues.
Loneliness is a major issue. Purpose for living too. I have three adult sons who are being absorbed by the culture. Lodging , although I’m in a beautiful house and area with wonderful neighbours and neighborhood this will have to be dealt with.

2 Likes

Hello, so good to have you here sharing. I will be praying for you, I am so proud of you for reaching out in your time of need. It is encouraging to see faith in action when times are tough, the Lord has never failed. Have you heard the poem about footprints in the sand?
I know in my life there will be one set more than two because I was, am to weak on my own. Perhaps this passage from Paul’s writings will help.
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 NLT
Love in Christ our Savior and Redeemer.

1 Like

Bless your heart, it cannot be easy trying to navigate alone. I am sure you know you are not alone but it must feel that way. I have a friend who just lost her husband to cancer. My heart is so burdened for her. I don’t want to say too much. I want to be tender to her broken heart and yours as well.
Suggestions? There are some tutorials.
New User Guide: Overview
I have a tendency to get too personal but I feel I have progressed a little. Take your time. Read though the conversations and glean from the wisdom of others in how they communicate without “revealing” too much information. There is also a link here for prayer if you are interested. https://connect.rzim.org/c/christian-growth/Bible-memory-and-prayer
I hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Su?ie @Shiner. I’m so sorry to hear of your sadness and loss. It will be an up and downhill journey for a while. You are so right to claim Ps. 23 as your personal passageway through this tough time.
So many are hearing difficult news to bear. It’s a daily occurrence. Thankfully, we believers know this is not our final condition. We are overcomers and never defeated because of our Lord’s sacrifice.
Welcome to Connect. I know you will find comfort through this forum.

I am familiar with the footprints poem, I actually thought of it earlier this fall.
The first line of psalm 23 …
THE…LORD…IS …MY…SHEPHERD
each word was my lifeline. I find I’m kind of numb now in so many ways, spiritually emotionally, socially. BUT THIS WOWS ME.

THE …not a lord, not a British lord, NOR lord McCartney

LORD…all capitals, YAWEH

IS…now, before, future

SHEPHERD…I still can’t grasp all that means, so much, seeks the one lost sheep, lays down His life, protects from the enemy, guides to needs

And then…drum roll…He restores my soul

He leads me in the paths of righteousness FOR HIS NAMESAKE.

AMAZING

2 Likes

Thank you sig
You’re not too personal for me. I always wanted to talk about my husband to friends after he died Also from cancer. I was just afraid I’d bore people.

I’ll check out that user guide. Thanks

3 Likes

Dear Susie
please accept my sincere condolences.
May the good Lord continue to uphold and strengthen you. Welcome to RZIM connect.

2 Likes

Thank you Catherine.
I’m just exploring the sites. So much to read!

1 Like

Hello Miss. Shiner, or should say su-jesus-ie

I hope you are in good health–losing a loved one is very difficult…that tell…that is a reminder for us that we are travelers passing through the this world–we appear…like shooting star and our life would have an end…but thanks God that life make sense because of our Lord Jesus Christ…how beautiful the message of the Bible is…he is a good shepherd, he lay his life for the flock.

Feel sad, tear, and being crashed those are all normal…a sing of you missing him. I pray Lord to alleviate your pain…and give your comfort…I also pray that Lord fill your life with His Light…

Lord Blessings

3 Likes

Abdul, Thank you for those kind encouraging words. I love the way you write my name. Maybe that’s the way it’s written in the lambs book.
I would love to hear your conversion story. It always amazes me how God draws everyone to His salvation In a different way, he’s so creative and we are such individuals to Him

4 Likes

Su?ie, I am hesitant to try to speak into the pain and life circumstances of someone who is experiencing the loss of their spouse, but I will say that I have been witness to my mother-in-law’s life for the past 24 years. She became a widow when her three children were 13, 11, and 9. It was very sudden and utterly heart-breaking. What I have seen is that God’s provision for her and her family over 30+ years (her husband died in 1987) has been nothing short of extraordinary. He has seen to the exquisitely fine details of stabilizing my mother-in-law’s life and her children’s lives, even though they are not believers in Christ–although my mother-in-law has been nominally Christian her whole adult life.

I prayed Psalm 23 over you this morning, and I specifically prayed that the Holy Spirit will move the hearts of your grown children as well. I also like Psalm 34:18–The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

God bless you, guide you, and be your constant companion through this dark valley in your life.

Love in Christ,
Page

2 Likes

I am writing about my journey…it would a small book…I will print it some day…and let you know when it is available–it is a long story…hard to explain…it has the element of pain,like flames of fire…a dream… wondering in dessert…lost for a while…and found. --I have seen the Glory of Our Lord–His message is simple: His Message " I am the spring of living water!

2 Likes

Hello Diane and welcome to connect.
Am really sorry for your currant situation. God never forget nor forsake people like you. I pray with you for more grace and wisdom as you journey on in faith.

Welcome to family
Grace and peace

2 Likes