Introduction: My Name HereLynn

Hi everyone, I have learned so much RZIM and have so much respect for the teaching and integrity of this ministry. I am married, semi-retired and the mother of 5 children of which 1 has stayed true to his faith. 2 of them we taught about Jesus and understand to the best of their ability, they are adopted and have special needs. We are constantly challenged by our other 2 about our faith on an intellectual level. So we must “be prepared to give an answer.” Of course God is calling us to a deeper stronger faith to meet this challenge.
Our son gave us the book “Teachings of the Christian Mystics” edited by Andrew Harvey for Christmas. If anyone has studied Christian Mystics we would love some input.
Thank you Lynn

7 Likes

Hi @Lindylou, welcome to connect! It sounds like you have your hands full. I see you have already asked a great question and I am looking forward to reading some of the responses. I pray the Lord will bless you with the wisdom and knowledge you need. I trust you will find many helpful answers here. Please continue to raise those questions. It is a blessing to glean from the responses :pray:t3:

2 Likes

Hello Lynn, I’m glad you joined Connect. It is indeed a great challenge to raise children in faith. We need a lot of love and above all it is important to pray for them. We can be sure that every prayer, every answer to a sceptical question and every loving impulse to think will have an effect. I am thinking of the fact that God’s word will not return empty (Isaiah 55, 6-12). In the testimony category there are several reports of children who have found their way back to faith (for example Steve). This is encouraging to read. There are many others here on the forums who are facing similar challenges. So we can help each other to be prepared to give an answer - to our children and others.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @Lindylou. Thank you for coming alongside us. What challenges you do have. I am similarly situated at least in terms of having one of my sons accept Christ but the other 1 is still skeptical. You have some challenges that are great but I hope that you will find some assistance prayer and fellowship here. I have just said a prayer for your children and your ability to respond effectively through the spirit’s guidance. This link might also be helpful for you: Mysticism. God-bless you as you follow his call to a deeper faith. I pray the journey is a blessing in your life as well as to those who you get to share it with.

3 Likes

Nice to meet you Lynn!

1 Like

Welcome aboard @Lindylou. Glad to have another michigander joining our forum. Where are you from? I am from Lansing area. I hope you enjoy the discourse and are blessed by the discussions. Happy New Year and God-bless you and your journey.

1 Like

Thank you! I am an hour south of you in Marshall. Our adult children keep us on our toes as they try out every post modern cultural belief system or ism. I am not an intellectual and they want intellectual answers. So here I am.

1 Like

Lynn, welcome to Connect! RZIM is such a great ministry for helping us with answers to the many hard questions out to us by non-believers. I hope you are encouraged by what you learn and I know you will find yourself growing spiritually as well as you prepare yourself to be able to defend your faith. God bless you and your family! :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for the prayers!

1 Like