Introduction: My Name Is Alba

(Abby Narvaez) #1

Hi everyone
I have walked with Jesus for almost 30 yrs. In that time I have ridden on a roller coaster with my faith in some deep valleys and some high mountains. I have always asked questions and have come across a variety of responses to those questions. Some churches closed the doors to me and many more just tolerated and marginalized me. I am happy to say that I have arrived at a place where I embrace my questions and do not judge those who are threatened by them. I love Jesus with all my heart. I am far from being a perfect Christian but my goal is to continue to reach for that perfection no matter how long it takes. I am grateful to have a place I can ask my questions and know I am respected and not judged. Blessing to all.

(Melvin Greene) #2

Blessings to you, @Abby. Welcome to Connect. It is wonderful to have you here. You have definitely come to the right place, especially if you have questions. Don’t worry, we all have questions. Nobody here will judge you because your questions. There are some great brothers and sisters here who have a lot of knowledge and understanding, and they are very humble. They will love to try to answer your questions and we look forward to having you answer questions and participate in the forums. You have walked with Jesus for 30 years and we hope you will share your wisdom as well.

(Joshua Spare) #3

Welcome to Connect, @Abby! I’m really sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced with the church with asking questions and getting genuine responses; it is a real shame and a missed opportunity when the church doesn’t take up the chance to engage with these tough questions. However, our God is good to have sustained you through these experiences and bring you to where you are. I hope that you find Connect to be a welcoming community where you will find people more than willing to engage with the questions that you have. I’m really excited to have you join this Community, and I certainly hope that you find it as loving and wise as I have found it!

(Lakshmi Mehta) #4

@Abby, Welcome to Connect community! I am so glad you found your way here. Thank you for sharing about your journey. I am sure you will find this community to be a place of grace. I pray that you will find the answers you are looking for and be strengthened in your faith. Look forward to learning from you.

(Stewart Andres) #5

Welcome Alba.

(Jimmy Sellers) #6

Jump on board :roller_coaster:and grab hold of the bar and hang on, its a great ride thru the hills and valleys. It’s a lot better with friends. I think you will be in good company in this community. Welcome and God bless your efforts.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #7

Nice to meet you @Abby. This place aims to be an environment for rationality and the production of beliefs. May we be able to sharpen each other here. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile: