Introduction: My Name is Carlos Pamplona

member_introductions

(carlos pamplona) #1

Hi everyone, my name is Carlos Pamplona. I am happy to be able to join you all. I have had the privilege of being able to take the core module as well as some of the offered electives. I hope to learn from, connect with, and grow along side all of you. I pray that all our interactions are God honoring and not simply speculative, but practical as well. It was the theologian William Shedd who made a comment relating to the study of theology being practical because love is practical. The more we learn about God, enter into an intimate relationship with Him, and gaze upon His beauty the more we will love him, our selves, and our fellow neighbors. If our study of God does not lead us to love Him more than what we have done is dethrone God and enthrone the idea of Him upon the altar. In fact, the love of the idea of God or theology is not the same as loving God Himself. The danger is that we have created an idol. It is something all of us must be aware of. It is a truth that I must remind myself on a daily basis. May we all, like the Apostle Paul prayed for the Colossians: “be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him: bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; being strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy; giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.”

(SeanO) #2

@carlos.pamplona Welcome to Connect! It is such a privilege to learn from and share with other believers here on Connect. May the Lord richly bless your time here! Your comments reminded me of Jesus’ words to the Jewish leaders and the reality that eternal life is in Jesus alone - not in our theology or even in the Scriptures - Jesus Himself is our life and salvation!

John 5:39-40 - You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

John 17:3 - Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi @carlos.pamplona,

Welcome! Thank you for this thought-provoking, challenging introduction! It is really awesome to be reminded that we are to be a people with practical love. May God humble us today to love HIM and love HIS people.

A question for you: would it be worth the investment of time to regularly contribute to Connect if, in doing so, you helped many hundreds or even thousands of people grow in their practical love for God?

(Warner Joseph Miller) #4

Welcome to the CONNECT family, Carlos!! Looking forward to reading your insights and perspectives.

(carlos pamplona) #5

Hi Carson,

Nice to connect with you. Regarding your question, the answer is absolutely yes. That is what I believe God has called us to do. I have been thinking about contributing on a regular basis as well as writing more for my personal blog.

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

I look forward to the discussions you start and join!