Introduction: My Name is Chancy

(Chancy Kong) #1

Hi everyone

I am excited to get to know each one of you through this connect forum. My name is Chancy Kong, I was born in Bangkok and raised in a Chinese Buddhist family, but now I live in Vancouver, Canada for 21 years. I’m a single mom and have a grown-up child who is still in the fourth year university. I had worked in the travel industry for more than ten years. Now, I’m changing my career and looking for a new job. Here is a brief how I come to know Christ.

I was a Buddhist in Thailand until one day I met a group of American missionaries who came to Bangkok to share the gospel message to Thai people. In Thailand, there were so many gods; I was tried to reach out these gods to help me solve my problems. After I received a track from a missionary, I read it. Finally, I decided to follow the prayer at the back of that track and asked Jesus to come into my heart and be the Lord and saviour of my life.

Thank be to God that I found Jesus, the true God who is higher than other gods. It was a turning point. I found peace, hope, love, and joy in Him. It was a tremendous change in my life. Since then I started to study His words, go to church, and mingle with other Christians. The cool thing is I will never feel alone. I have brothers and sisters all over the world. I’m so glad to meet and get to know you all through RZIM Connect.

Thank you for reading my story, and I look forward to sharing my journey with you.

God bless you all.

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

Hi @chancy_k,

Thank you for joining Connect and sharing your testimony with us. That is so encouraging! I am really grateful for how God uses his word to transform lives.

It really is a miracle that both of us, from different cultures, have had a shared experience of meeting Jesus, seeing our lives transformed, and finding friendship with brothers and sisters in Christ.

Praise be to God!

(Daren L McClellan) #3

Hello Chancy, thanks for sharing your story.