Introduction: My name is Cindy

(Cindy Gupton) #1

Hi everyone,
My name is Cindy. I am a modern day sojourner. :blush:. I am currently participating in BSF and have a question.
In 2 Samuel 7:18-24, King David addresses God in two manners. What is the difference between, “O LORD God” and “O Lord GOD”?

(Brittany Bowman) #2

Welcome, Cindy! :smiley: It’s exciting to have a traveler here, and I’m looking to hearing more of the questions you have encountered from fellow travelers. Where is your favorite place you have travelled?

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome, @Cindy62! We’re glad you’ve joined us on Connect!

I’m not sure I know the whole answer to your question, but if I had a guess, I think it may have something to do with the Hebrew words that were used that translate into the English, LORD and GOD. From what I can recall off the top of my head, LORD in all caps denotes God’s holy name - JHWH, I am. There are many other Hebrew words for God (usually Jehovah), but I am not sure what translation you are using and how they go about differentiating between then all! :slight_smile:

(Olivia Davis) #4

Hi Cindy! Welcome to Connect! I want to hear more about your travels! Dive in and share you perspective in the forums — I’m sure I have much to learn from you!