Introduction: My Name is Darrell

(Darrell Johnson) #1

Hi everyone! My name is Darrell. I’m from Chilliwack, BC, Canada in the heart of the Fraser Valley, surrounded by beautiful mountains and verdant farmland. I live here with my wife, Judy, of 51+ years. We’ve had the privilege of ministry in the Philippines, the United States and Canada.

I have listened to Ravi for many, many years and appreciate so much, his gracious manner of defending the faith and pointing others to Christ in a winsome way. The RZIM ministry is such a blessing and making a great impact for the kingdom! Thanks for the many, many ways you equip God’s people to live purposefully for His glory!

(Suzanne Richardson) #2

Hello and welcome Darrell Johnson! I’m new to connect as well, so it’s great to “meet” others like yourself! I’ve never been to Canada but it’s not too far so hopefully will get to travel there one day. Your description of the Fraser Valley sounds gorgeous and picturesque! Also, congrats on your many years of marriage; it’s encouraging and inspiring :slight_smile:

It’s wonderful that you’ve been involved in ministering internationally! I would love to hear any stories or things you’ve learned from your ministry over time. Are you currently still ministering in one of those 3 places, or do you feel called to go somewhere else?

Yes, Ravi Zacharias and the RZIM have been a huge blessing and continually build toward His kingdom and pointing others to Him. Glory to Him!

(Kathleen) #3

Hello and welcome to Connect, @DarrellJ! Western Canada is on my list of ‘Places to Go Before I Die’. I hear from numerous people (now including yourself) that it is gorgeous! Though, I suppose I’d probably have to prepare for bears, which seems a bit daunting. Ha!

We’re glad that you’ve joined us here, and we pray that this community will be a place that strengthens and encourages you as well. Look forward to learning with and from you! :slight_smile:

(Ryan C Melcher) #4

Welcome!

(Dennis Fuller) #5

Welcome, Darrell!