Introduction: My name is Denise

(Denise) #1

Hi everyone,
I’m so thankful to RZIM for giving us this opportunity to connect as a community. I look forward to growing with you. I guess I have to tell you a little about myself :blush:. I love meditating on the Word, and I’ve been looking at Psalm 82 for over 4 years - OMG it just gets better​:blush:. I do study other things, but I always return to this psalm. I love the character of God revealed in PS 82. Let me move on :blush:, I have a pressing question, my friend decided to walk away from the Lord, and return to a homosexual lifestyle. He’s presently in a relationship, and seems so very happy. I’ve been praying and fasting, and sharing scriptures with him in a loving way, but what else can I do? Most grateful.

(Kathleen) #2

Hi, Denise! Welcome to Connect. :slight_smile: We’d love to hear more about yourself when you get the chance, but until then, I am sorry to hear about your heartbreak over your friend, and am moved by your concern for him.

May I ask a couple of questions first? I am just curious to know how long you have known him and how close you are to him? If you are close and trusted, you will be in the position of having your words carry weight, which is a unique privilege.

Without knowing a whole lot about the situation, I would first encourage you to keep being a friend to him and seek to understand (as much as you can) what he’s going through. Ask him questions; be compassionate; seek empathy. Prayer, of course, is also crucial, as you know…but prayer not just for him to know the greater love of Jesus, but prayer that you be wise with your words.

Will be praying for you as you journey alongside him.

(Denise) #3

Thank you so very much. I’ve known this friend now for almost two years. We volunteer together every week for 6-7hrs, and working alongside him is utterly joyful. He told me he lost his faith; being a gay man in the church, but hiding it for decades have resulted in loneliness. He also said “Everyone is gay these days” - it’s like they are having fun so why not me. I keep gently talking to him, but I’m waiting for the Spirit to move.

(Keldon Scott) #4

Welcome aboard! @Dedicated. Love having you join us. I can tell by your approach that you are addressing him with gracious and attractive dialogue. Let me assure you the holy spirit is working as you are aware. I will pray this morning that he is able to see. We chase after the glory of what God made men to be. The spirit is working on his heart as we speak. Thank you for your heartfelt dedication to him and the scriptures. I look forward to reading your posts and updates with the answers to prayer that will come his way.

(Denise) #5

Thank you so very much I appreciate your prayers.