Introduction: My Name is Ken Rose

(Ken Rose) #1

Aloha, I’m Ken, recently moved back to Helena, Montana (USA mainland state) from Hawaii. I’m a world traveler ‘at government expense’, recently retired from the US Army after 20+ years. Since leaving the Army, I’ve held several jobs in IT and historical research. Currently in my toughest job, taking care of elderly parents. I’ve been a Christian most of my life, thankfully the Holy Spirit made several indelible ‘coarse corrections’ along the way. I’ve been a teacher in our church leading out in both adult and youth groups. I discovered RZIM about 4-years ago, attended the RZIM Church Leaders Conference (Oct 2017 - life changing), and been studying apologetics (Bible, books, YouTube). I look forward to interacting and participating in the RZIM on-line community. God Bless!

(Isaiah J. Armstrong) #2

Hello! Glad to have you join us on RZIM Connect!

(Jimmy Sellers) #3

Welcome to connect. Its sound like you will be able to add a unique perspective to the community. If I recall there are several active and retired military members in the community. I am sure they will find you. God bless your time here.

(Keldon Scott) #4

Welcome aboard @Ronin47. Glad to have you back on the mainland. Aren’t you so blessed to have had the Holy Spirit maintain your path. So glad that you can join this forum. I hope it is a blessing to you. God bless your efforts and your path.

(Kevin Ortiz) #5

Hey Ken! I’ll be praying for you as you get settled in Montana!

(Ken Rose) #6

Greetings Kevin,

That’s very kind. Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much - Hawaiian). We can really use every prayer offered. God Bless!

• Ken

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #7

Aloha, Ken (@Ronin47). Welcome to Connect. I’m glad to have you here. Hope to learn with you in our discussions. :slight_smile:

(Bethany Cathcart ) #8

Welcome back to Helena! That’s where I’m at too! If you don’t have a good church yet, check us out at Last Chance Chapel. Nice to have a fellow RZIM member in Helena!

(Ken Rose) #9

Aloha Bethany,

Wow, small world. Thank you for the invite. I went to their webpage, Last Chance looks like a beautiful church. Fitting name along with our local historical context. My wife and I would be interested in meeting for coffee sometime. A goal I have is setting up a local RZIM event sometime in the future. I believe this would take several churches coming together to make happen. Appreciate your thoughts. God Bless!

(Bethany Cathcart ) #10

Thank you, it’s kind of a pun on words. An RZIM event here is a great idea. My dad is the pastor of Last Chance and would enjoy meeting with you and your wife as well. The last week of this coming January we have our annual missions summit and this year Stuart McAllister will be one of our guest speakers. That may be a good time to plan something in the future. Look forward to meet!

(Ken Rose) #11

That is exciting, Stuart McAllister here in Helena! I would definitely plan to attend. My wife and I look forward when we can meet with you and your Dad/Pastor. Next week in the afternoons evenings is fine. Happy for you or Dad to email, and we can set up a time and place. Look forward to it!