Introduction: My Name is Ken

(Ken Hanson) #1

Hi everyone, I think this is an amazing effort on the part of everyone at RZIM! I think the AI discussion last night was amazing, challenging and slightly troubling. I’ve followed AI development and progress for a number of years now and I look forward to engaging on this subject via RZIM Connect.
I live in Warner Robins, GA.

(LaTricia January) #2

Greetings, Ken, and welcome!

What were some of the points you found challenging and slightly troubling regarding the AI talk this week, if you don’t mind me asking?

(Ken Hanson) #3

Hi LaTricia,

The challenging aspect is making us think about the gravity of this situation. Troubling as it certainly does cause one to wonder what may become of us as a species.

The only thing I thought missing from the presentation was discussion of remaining faithful and anchored on our faith to know that God is in control….even though we tend to lose sight of that all too often.

Would you please share your thoughts?

Thanks!

ken

(LaTricia January) #4

I really enjoyed the talk. There were many points to ponder. I think that sometimes (oftentimes) as believers we can go through the world with blinders on not really paying attention to what is happening around us. This is one of those instances, especially seeing how we can miss how much it ties into atheism and naturalism.

To me, I wouldn’t say that the the point for a need for God or even His sovereignty was left out, it was more present towards the closing and was a running part of the topic in a manner of speaking from what I remember. It was unavoidable really due to topic. On one hand we have AI being placed on a pedestal in hopes of creating eternity on Earth eventually; on the other hand we have the stark reality telling us it’s impossible. And the matter of what would be the framework or blueprint of morality for AI - that whole discussion points back to the objective moral code of God.

(Ken Hanson) #5

Hi LaTricia, I don’t think I expressed my thought on something missing well. Hebrews 11:6 is my life verse, “For without faith it is impossible to please God; for those who come to Him must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek after Him.”

Even though the future and on-going AI research and development is concerning, I remain focused on God’s promises and the knowledge that “as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord”….come what may.

That does not, in any way, connote that I’m an advocate of ignoring the issue.

You say, “…would be the framework or blueprint of morality for AI…”, I’ve heard many warnings and calls for such an effort before we move forward with the development and I am delighted that RZIM has initiated such a discussion.

Blessings!

ken