Introduction: My Name is kiran

(PASUPULETI KIRAN KUMAR) #1

Hello everyone! My name is kiran and I am from India. I live very close to Ravi’s birth place. I am very glad about RZIM because of how God is using RZIM to answer the life’s difficult questions. Earlier I had many questions too and I have asked my uncle and he told me to about Ravi Zacharias, till then I didn’t know who is he… But later I have seen his sermons and I am well convinced with the answers…
When I found out that he is from India I was very happy :grinning:.
Happy to be connected with RZIM through this platform. And may God use the entire RZIM team mightly for his glory. All I need a place beside you guys, together with CHRIST in heaven.

I have one question I will be happy if I get an answer for it.

What about the salvation of non jews before Christ ! I mean there were lot of people in the world who were non jews before Christ . What about their salvation.
Does the bible say anything about it?

(SeanO) #2

@Kiran Welcome to Connect! So glad you have joined us and glad to hear about the encouragement you have received through Ravi :slight_smile: I’ve provided some brief thoughts on your question below as well as another thread you may find helpful.

It is clear from Romans 2 that God will judge each person according to how they responded to the knowledge that they possessed. God knows each person’s heart and what they had a chance to hear. God will judge each person justly. Furthermore, we see in people like Ruth and Namaan and Rahab that God is always merciful to those who call upon His name from any nation or place.

Romans 2:13-16 - For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

In Matthew Jesus makes it clear that people are judged in part based upon the light they have received. Those who directly rejected Jesus would be judged more harshly than those who had less light - like the Ninevites.

Matthew 12:41-42 - The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now something greater than Jonah is here. 42 The Queen of the South will rise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for she came from the ends of the earth to listen to Solomon’s wisdom, and now something greater than Solomon is here.

Also, we see in Acts that God planned out the existence of the nations to give all a chance to know Him.

Acts 17:26-27 - From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

Hope those thoughts are helpful and welcome to Connect :slight_smile:

(PASUPULETI KIRAN KUMAR) #3

Thank you so much @SeanO for that very brief answer. :blush:

(SeanO) #4

@Kiran Indeed :slight_smile: Hope it was helpful.

(Joshua Spare) #5

Welcome to Connect, @Kiran! What a great question to ask! I hope that you continue to ask great questions, and I certainly look forward to your contributions on the site! Please do keep utilizing the resources of the community here, and I’m sure that you will find them as uplifting and encouraging as I do! Blessings on you!

(PASUPULETI KIRAN KUMAR) #6

Thank you @jspare :grinning:

(Shawn Suttle) #7

Welcome! I’m so glad you are here!

(Shawn Suttle) #8

To the best of my understanding - Old Testament Jews, like Abraham, King David, and even the prophets were justified by faith in God. They were believing even though they could not see yet. Just as today we are called to believe in Jesus Christ even though we have not physically seen him yet.

(chandra kishore sardar) #9

Hi kiran ! Gald to have you in the forum. We are neighbours since i am from Nepal. Hoping to learn in the community together. I have been hugely blessed by the community. Once again welcome to the forum !!