Introduction: My Name is Marvin

(Marvin Mauro) #1

Hi everyone, my name is Marvin (Marvs) from the Southeast Asian country of the Philippines.
(After all my delays, finally!) I’ll be taking the Core Module course this November.

Background:
Grew up in church since 3, yet never grew that deep with the knowledge of God.
All I know was I needed to be saved by Jesus (so I did when I was 7 and again on 11) and do ministry. Came from an abusive background, thus developing ssa.
I was never angry with God despite of my past experiences, and mom’s passing few years ago.
But I want to be a better communicator of the gospel especially to the skeptics and those who hold a different worldview.
Admittedly, when I encounter my atheist classmates (High school and College), I would always be dumbfounded by their queries or criticism about the Christian faith - this would always lead me to frustration. I wanted also to reach out to the youths as they are the vulnerable ones (especially in our context) about their sexuality and their relationship with Jesus. I want to build bridges among those who wanted to come-out and the churches who are lacking understanding about their church members who are wounded. I want to raise the awareness of our brethren about the waves of sexual immoralities being thrown into our government by engaging with proper discussions/discourse.

Got to know about RZIM and the team when a celebrity here in our country made a turn-around of his scandalous life and started to follow Jesus and learn from Ravi himself.

Aside from the Core Module course classmates, I am looking forward to learn and engage with gospel minded and thinkers in this network.

I would like my head, heart and hands to grow and be useful for His Kingdom.

That’s all for now.

Thank you!

(christopher van zyl) #2

Welcome @Marvs! Great to have you with us! :blush:

(Marvin Mauro) #3

Thanks again @c3vanzyl !

I’m really excited to learn and hear from this group.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #4

Hello, Marvin (@Marvs). It’s nice to see another Filipino here. The Core Module is a good course, and I could say that it could help you in being a better communicator of the gospel. Let’s learn together in this community. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Marvin Mauro) #5

Maraming Salamat, @omarchy !

I appreciate your encouragement. Im really looking forward to the lessons. And definitely to be a better communicator of gospel and engaging to different worldviews.