Introduction: My Name is Pierre

(Pierre Duranleau) #1

Hi, my name is Pierre, you guest it i’m French. I came to the saving knowledge of Christ in 1980, in the city of Calgary Alberta. I’v had an uneventful Christian life till 2004, when my Church decided to have a woman as one of the pastors. It was a wakeup call for me. As a result, I got interested in formal theology and got a bachelors degree. With this God put me on a path of understanding on what is going wrong with a large portion of Christianity. It made me realize that no matter what century we are in the enemy is always at work, and less we are vigilant, he will find our weak spot and use it to draw us outside of God’s plan for us. So in this spirit, I would like share this verse "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God. " Rom 12:2.

(Pierre Duranleau) #3

Merci, ca va, par la grâce de Dieu, et toi?
Tu est francophone?

(Pierre Duranleau) #5

Mon orthographe est minable, mais tu peux toujours demander, je vais voir si je peux t’aider.
P.S. dans ce bout de phrase, mon épouse a trouvé trois erreurs…

(Alex Barreto Cosmo) #7

Welcome Pierre! This community will be a very nice tool for our mutual growth on the knowledge of Jesus.

(Pierre Duranleau) #8

I know of Vernon McGee, I used to listen to him in my car. He was on the Champlain 760AM radio. Very interesting and edifying.

(Matt Western) #9

Welcome to the community! I’m curious, what is ‘francophone’, as I could not figure out what you were talking about in relation to not being a french student :slight_smile: - as Google translate does not translate that particular word. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(Pierre Duranleau) #10

fran·co·phone

Dictionary result for francophone

/ˈfraNGkəˌfōn/

adjective

French-speaking.

“a summit of francophone countries”

noun

a person who speaks French.

(Matt Western) #11

ah silly me, I should have used a dictionary. I thought maybe it was some local slang or local joke or something interesting like that. I find language and translation interesting. sorry if it was a dumb question. :slight_smile:

(Pierre Duranleau) #13

After perusing the web site, I think it’s a translation (or a remake) of Vernon’s work. It’s nice to have it in French. Thanks for the info, and God bless.