Introduction: My Name is Tammy

(Tammy Drew) #1

Hi everyone,
I have been listening to Ravi’s debates and presentations on YouTube for a while now. I am overwhelmed with the information on apologetics out there. Can anyone recommend a good study Bible that includes the historical background of biblical events?

(SeanO) #2

@bkpkr2 Welcome to Connect! So glad you have joined us. I have linked a thread on studying the Bible that I think could prove helpful to you.

I don’t have a specific recommendation for a Study Bible, but I would recommend getting the ‘IVP Bible Background Commentary’. Also, you could watch The Bible Project videos for each Book of the Bible before reading it. Christ grant you wisdom as you study His Word :slight_smile:

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome to Connect, @bkpkr2! I do love me some historical background, and the best two study Bibles I’ve seen for that sort of info are The Spirit of the Reformation study Bible (edited by Richard Pratt…it may be out of print, though??) and the ESV study Bible. Or, as @SeanO suggested, finding a good commentary for the book you’re reading can always be helpful. :slight_smile: