Introduction: My Name is Waqas Salik

(WAQAS SALIK) #1

Hi everyone, I’m Waqas from Pakistan. I was born and raised in Christian family in Pakistan. In 2002, Muslim apologist Dr. Zakir Naik used to give his talks on his channels. Naik’s recorded version of lectures which would cast on local Pakistani channels were getting attention tremendously. In his lectures, he would attack on Christian faith and authencity of the Biblical text.

After watching numerous Dr. Naik’s lecture about Jesus Christ, Biblical text, freedom, and meaning of life, I started to become skeptic about Bible, Jesus Christ and Christian faith. I had lost my faith and began to find answers from Bible and Quran. I studied Quran under many Muslims Muftis (scholars / teachers) for many years. I was really confused, reading Bible and Quran back and forth. I became “mild Muslims.”
After spending many years in studying different scriptures, I got tired with all my searching, I asked God “if you really exist, then please, open my eyes and restore my faith.” After few days, when I was praying and studying the Bible, I came across with the wonderful verse which says " Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh". ( Eccles. 12:12).

All my journey (about 10 years) God taught me that I was missing “Faith”. Many learned people who knows Bible and different scriptures are Christian? No, they are not. God wants us to know Him through faith. Therefore, it is necessary to have faith first, then wisdom and knowledge will help to overcome on our skepticism. Thank God that His spirit helped me to experience His presence in unique way.

(Kathleen) #2

Welcome to Connect, @Wsalik! What brings you to our community?

(WAQAS SALIK) #3

Hi everyone, I’m Waqas from Pakistan. I was born and raised in Christian family in Pakistan. In 2002, Muslim apologist Dr. Zakir Naik used to give his talks on his channels. Naik’s recorded version of lectures which would cast on local Pakistani channels were getting attention tremendously. In his lectures, he would attack on Christian faith and authencity of the Biblical text.

After watching numerous Dr. Naik’s lecture about Jesus Christ, Biblical text, freedom, and meaning of life, I started to become skeptic about Bible, Jesus Christ and Christian faith. I had lost my faith and began to find answers from Bible and Quran. I studied Quran under many Muslims Muftis (scholars / teachers) for many years. I was really confused, reading Bible and Quran back and forth. I became “mild Muslims.”
After spending many years in studying different scriptures, I got tired with all my searching, I asked God “if you really exist, then please, open my eyes and restore my faith.” After few days, when I was praying and studying the Bible, I came across with the wonderful verse which says " Of making many books there is no end, and much study is wearisome to the flesh". ( Eccles. 12:12).

All my journey (about 10 years) God taught me that I was missing “Faith”. Many learned people who knows Bible and different scriptures are Christian? No, they are not. God wants us to know Him through faith. Therefore, it is necessary to have faith first, then wisdom and knowledge will help to overcome on our skepticism. Thank God that His spirit helped me to Know His presence in a unique way.

(Lakshmi Mehta) #4

@Wsalik, Welcome to Connect! So great to hear of how the Lord brought you back to the Bible and renewed faith. Even those years spent studying other scriptures will turn out to be useful for the Lord’s work. ( Rom 8:28). Look forward to your contributions!

(WAQAS SALIK) #5

Thanks Lakshmi.

(David Vermaak) #6

Waqas,

It was so good meeting you at UAI and doing lunch brother!

Keep pressing into the Lord man, He loves you so much and He wants you to know Him intimately!

Love in Christ,

DV.

(WAQAS SALIK) #7

Yes, indeed it was nice talking to U my brother. I am glad that God gave me opportunity to be part of UAI and meeting you, David and Hemant.

(Gregory Ho Chung Wai) #8

Hi Waqas,
It was interesting to read about your journey. May He continue to guide you and grant you His wisdom as you draw close to Him.

God bless

Gregory

(WAQAS SALIK) #9

Thanks greg. I pray to Lord that may He direct all of us on His path.