Introduction: My Name is wendy

Hi everyone, I need to know how to stay in good faith when iam having so many trails

8 Likes

Hello, Wendy, and welcome to Connect. I am sorry to hear life is full of hurdles for you right now, but I want to know you have found a community of Christian’s learning and studying together and serving one another. Whatever it is you are going through, I hope you find encouragement here from a community who directs our eyes towards Christ.

5 Likes

@Wendy1961
Hey Wendy, you are from the Winona area, right? Have we met before as I introduced myself to someone from Winona as my mom grew up there, had siblings go to college there as I grew up in Rochester but now live in Grand Marais. Does that sound familiar to you?

Well, either welcome again or welcome from this guy who has lost his marbles! You’ll enjoy it. I encourage you to get involved as so many sign up and, I sometimes wonder if it’s due to a measure of uncertainty, but we don’t hear from again. Hope to see you out there!

3 Likes

@Wendy1961! We are glad that you have joined us, and we hope to be able to share your burden a little. If you have any nagging questions, do ask them on the forum. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Wendy,

I am sorry you are going through a hard season in your life. First, let me encourage you by saying that you are loved by God and He is aware of your troubles and struggle to stay afloat. The verse that comes to mind is found in Hebrews 12.6. “God disciplines those He loves and He chastens everyone He accepts as his son (and daughter)”. I am not implying that you have done something to bring this about, but reminding you that these trials are the proof of His love for you and His very specific and direct involvement in your life to make you like His Son.
What I have found to be helpful is to listen to pastors I know are sound - David Jeremiah, Adrian Rogers, Ravi, Francis Chan, etc., or a book of the Bible from the audio Bible found online, because faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. There is also a video on YouTube that is titled “The Names of God”. I have found this, and giving thanks to Him (even when I’m really not), to be a helpful in shifting the focus to the One Who is able.
Take heart, dear sister. He loves you and is refining you for His purposes and plan.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary Beth

2 Likes

Good night Wendy , Welcome .
I am new to this online community as well. But I’d like to encourage you with the word of God that says, “ So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans : 10:17

5 Likes

Hello @Wendy1961, I am lifting you up in prayer this morning. I don’t know your struggles but the Lord knows and I pray He will strengthen you, give you assurance and endurance.
__ 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 8:35-39

I just came out of a trail and in my case, I could not understand where it was coming from. Pray the word of God. The one I posted will be a good one. You don’t always feel it working at first but you will. Speaking and praying Gods promises is the only way to fight spiritual warfare. When you are weak due to trials our adversery trys to tempt us and convince us that God does not love us. It is a lie. I pray all the responses will lift you up.
Please keep us posted Wendy. We are all in this together.
Much love :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you…God bless

2 Likes

Welcome Wendy. You are already showing your heart is tuned to God by coming to this place. Trust that. Take peace in knowing you are loved, your are the daughter of an almighty Father. When I was a very small child I heard these words. I was a grown adult before I learned they came from the book of Hebrews but those words have proven true. In our darkest times, He is there. God bless you.
Hebrews 13:5 NIV
because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

2 Likes

Hi Wendy,

How are you doing? You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Isaiah 42.3 A bruised reed He will not break and a dimly burning wick He will not quench. He will faithfully bring forth justice.

I pray for God to lift up your heart and soul and give you His peace and presence.

mb

3 Likes

Thank you all
And God bless you

1 Like