Introduction: Nikki Stone

member_introductions

(Nikki Blaise Stone) #1

Hi friends!

Sorry for the delay - had some technical difficulties. My name is Nikki Stone and I’m a graduate student at Columbia International University in Columbia, South Carolina. I attended George Mason University for undergrad where I studied modern dance and graduated in 2015. Now I’m earning a degree in intercultural studies and, while I’ve been interested in apologetics since converting to Christianity in 2016, the Lord revealed just how passionate I am about evangelism and apologetics through a couple courses at CIU. I’m very thankful for the faithful and encouraging teachers of the Word, professors, etc. who have helped me along my walk so far. And I couldn’t be more blown away that somehow I’ll be learning beside you all shortly! Cannot wait to meet each of you in person and hear your unique stories of God’s work in your lives.

The Lord was so gracious to give me an unrelenting thirst for truth after my brother passed away in 2015. I’m reminded of all the questions I have had, and the power of clarity cutting through fuzziness. Praying for our time together!

See you soon!
Nikki Stone

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #2

Hello @Nikki_Stone! I’m sorry to hear about your brother passing away, I do hope that all is well with you in your current state. I affirm your thirst for truth, and I praise God for this desire manifesting in you. I believe this will help you be more effective in your walk with God. I’m looking forward to learn with you in our discussions. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(SeanO) #3

@Nikki_Stone Welcome to Connect! May God’s Spirit both work through you and in you here on the forums. It is encouraging to hear how apologetics helped ‘clarity cut through fuzziness’ during a difficult time in your life. May Christ continue to heal and guide you.

(Sarah Malcangi) #4

Welcome, Nikki. Thanks for sharing your story. It’s great seeing young believers have a passion for apologetics. I look forward to learning with you.

(Natasha Morton) #5

Welcome, Nikki, from another southern gal (I’m near Charlotte, NC).
I’m sorry to hear about your brother but am heartwarmed by the strength I hear in your words. God truly is amazing to us in our time of need.
May God bless you and keep you strong and help you continue to grow!
Looking forward to learning more with you!

(Jason Walker) #6

Welcome Nikki! I am sorry to hear about your brother. I am your brother in CHRIST anything I can do let me know. I would love to support you also in any way I can in your work for JESUS.

(Ethan Thomas) #7

Hello and welcome, Nikki! I’m so sorry about your brother, but I’m glad the the Father was able to use his passing to draw you close to Him. He did likewise with me at the passing of my mother and most recently my grandmother. Also, remember the words of the apostle Paul; we don’t weep for our deceased like those with no hope! We have the eternal hope of the Lord Jesus!

Anyways, I’m glad you’re here and look forward to walking with you in your faith journey!

(Brittany Bowman) #8

Hello, Nikki! It’s awesome to meet a fellow graduate student here. I’d love to hear how you have seen your Intercultural Studies courses help you in your apologetics studies. Which classes were particularly influential? I ask because I’m a masters student, and after a semester of grad school ethics, I’m fascinated in ways to continue similar topics.

(Carson Weitnauer) #9

Hi @Nikki_Stone!

Welcome to Connect!

I grieve to hear of your brother passing away. What a year that must have been, graduating from George Mason the same year. We would love to hear the story of your testimony and how God brought you home. It sounds like apologetics was part of your journey to faith?

We welcome your keen insights as we muddle through the fuzziness of so many questions together. May God grant us increasing clarity and wisdom to love and care for each person!

(Jason Walker) #10

Welcome @Nikki_Stone