Introduction: Niumaia Karavaki

member_introductions

(Niumaia M. T. Karavaki) #1

Hi Everyone,
Wonderful to be here and learning from your contributions. I am from Fiji, and I have moved to Germany. I have been involved at PSFC, the IFES affiliate for the South Pacific based in Fiji, and RZIM has always been a great help in reaching students on campuses.

(SeanO) #2

@nkaravaki Welcome to Connect! Fiji - that is certainly a place I would like to visit one day. The Lord bless your ministry as you reach out to these young people and open their hearts and minds to the glory of God in the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

(Kathleen) #3

Welcome, @nkaravaki! Being based near the HQ here in Oxford, I know a number of people who have been involved with IFES. What a great work y’all do! Is that what brought you to Germany as well? I’m glad you found us here on Connect, and I look forward to having you chip in on some of the conversations!

(Niumaia M. T. Karavaki) #4

@KMac Hi Kathleen,
My wife is German and we have a lovely daughter. I still support PSFC financially, but here, we 're volunteers for our local church here and CVJM (the German YMCA).

(Carson Weitnauer) #5

Hi @nkaravaki,

Welcome! If I lived in Germany, I would want to move to Fiji! :slight_smile:

I served with IFES in the US for seven years (InterVarsity) and had a wonderful experience. I am excited to meet you!

As you engage with students, I know you will encounter hundreds of tough questions. We would be delighted if you share them here to start productive conversations on how to best present the gospel in light of these concerns.

(Niumaia M. T. Karavaki) #6

Hi @CarsonWeitnauer,

Just a clarification, I am no longer in student ministry, but now working as a SysAdmin for Lebenshilfe, an organisation that helps disabled people in Germany.

I totally understand if you would want to move to Fiji. :smiley: Many Germans have asked me this same question, “Why did you do it? Why move here?”. As soon as I mention my wife and daughter, the question resolves itself. The weather, culture and differences seem so minute issues. Love is such a powerful thing. :blush: It makes me appreciate the love of God displayed on the cross. There one can see on Jesus’ face how minute the pain, suffering and death is to Him in comparison to His love for us.

By the way, I was formerly an associate staff and later on part of the PSFC board and I appreciate some books and financial support we received from InterVarsity over the years. They went a long way for us in reaching students.

(Carson Weitnauer) #7

Got it. Thanks for the update. I appreciate the work you do to enable a better life for disabled people. God’s love is amazing!