Introduction of myself and prayer request

My name is Saravanan. I’m 35 years old I’m from India. I was born in hindu family.
Because of my immoral life i came to Indonesia 4 years ago. I continue to stay here without proper documents. 2 years ago i came to know christ through a Philippine woman. She had sent me a Bible. I started to read the Bible. At first i did not understand. After that I searched bible study in YouTube. I learned that I’m a sinner. Before i came to Christ i was a person who act like a innocent outside but inside of my heart I’m a very very dirty person. Few months ago while i was bible study in YouTube i saw Ravi Zacharias sermon video. I started to listen his sermon. His sermons help me to grow strong in my faith in Christ. Especially in this Muslim country. I learned many things from his Q&A programs. I have wasted my 20’s and now almost 30’s. Now I’m trying to go back to India and tell to my family and people about how JESUS has changed my life. I’m fighting against my fear. Please pray for me.

11 Likes

Saravanan, we will be in prayer for you. Could you post this as well under the thread Colossians 2:23 Prayer as there are a group who memorize scripture and pray for each other? The group there will be excited to pray for you. We post prayer requests there each week. Please add your post there Saravanan, Thanks sister!

3 Likes

Sure I’ll do sister

1 Like

@Saravanan, welcome! I am so thrilled to hear your testimony! I am so glad you were able to access Bible studies and Ravi’s Q&A sessions through YouTube! I think it is absolutely amazing that you are wanting to go back to India to tell your family and others about Jesus. My heart goes out to you when you say you think you’ve wasted your 20’s. I would counter that by saying that our 20’s is a time of much learning about ourselves and life, and we make a lot of mistakes in our 20’s, and we will continue to make mistakes, even as we mature. But it is never a waste. One thing about God is that He is our REDEEMER. He can redeem and use anything, even our mistakes and time. I believe that God can use that time in your 20’s and early 30’s to strengthen your witness to others about how Jesus changed your life.

I will definitely be praying over and with you as you go forth to share! I will pray that God will give you a meek boldness in place of your fear, that He would strengthen your heart, mind, and spirit. I believe that He will give you the words to speak :slight_smile:

May the Lord be with you and strengthen and encourage you, keeping you in his perfect peace,

Lindsay

4 Likes

Thank you so much sister. It’s so helpful in this lonely fearful situation. God bless you.

2 Likes

You are in my prayer. May God use you in a mighty way for his glory. God bless you.

4 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s so helpful. Gid bless you

2 Likes

@Saravanan, thank you so much for sharing your heart and how the Lord has done a miracle in your life to draw you unto Himself. I too grew up in a hindu family. I praise God with you! Just as He did a miracle for you, He can do it for another member in your family. It’s so wonderful that you want to share this truth right away. God is faithful and you are not alone as you visit India. The Holy Spirit promises to give us the courage and words to speak (Luke 12:11-12). While you may feel remorse over the years spent not knowing Jesus, I hope and pray that it does not become an opening for feeling condemnation. Christ has now set you free from your past (2 Cor 5:17) and He sees you as his beloved child and you are no longer under any condemnation (Rom 8). May your eyes be upon Jesus, His work on the cross as you share your faith and may the love of God guide you as you seek to take your family to the place of freedom you have found. May your family continue to accept and love you as you share with them your story of your change in faith. May their eyes, ears and hearts be opened to Jesus, His life, His work and His wonderful ways. Please do feel free to ask any specific questions that you may have on how to go about sharing on the forums. I am sure you will receive many responses and will certainly be lifted up in prayer. God bless you!

6 Likes

Thank you so much. It’s good to hear from fellow Indian. Even though satan suggest many negative thoughts I’ll keep my faith in JESUS. I never forget His miracle in my life and how He has taught me about His ways. Really He had opened my eyes. As paul said in Philippians 3:10
I want to know Christ–yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,. This is my aim now. Thank you for your encouragement. God bless you

5 Likes

Amen to that! Thank you for the reply

2 Likes

God bless your tender heart​:heart: You now have a family of believers who will be lifting you up in prayer. Thank you for reaching out. :pray:t3:

:latin_cross: “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.”~ Romans 8:1-3

We all struggle with regret and doubt. I have to quote Philippians 4:6-7 a lot!
:latin_cross: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

As for speaking to loved ones about Jesus, John 12:49-50 is helpful

:latin_cross: 49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me ccommanded me to say all that I have spoken. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

Stay connected, and reach out any time. @Lakshmismehta will be someone you can really glean wisdom from.
Keep us posted :pray:t3:

3 Likes

@Saravanan @psalm151ls @Lakshmismehta
Lindsay, your post saved me from a long winded post. Lindsay, your emphasis to you, Saravanan about Jesus being a Redeemer is right on. Jesus never wants us to sin. But as we repent, Saravanan, as Lindsay emphasized, you can now speak to someone who Lindsay or I could not get through to. But you will be a witness as to the reality of Jesus and how He changes us to be like Him.

I don’t know if I am more excited about your transparency and heart for Jesus Saravanan or to your excellent response Lindsay! And then to have another sweet Indian in Lakshmi coming along side of you Saravanan is so wonderful!!! Oh, the riches that we have in the fellowship given to us in Jesus is so humbling!

4 Likes

Thank you so much. Thank you for your encouragement. Yes it is hard but I’ll stand. Yes JESUS has never promised for easy life. But He has promised He never leave us. Thank you so much. God bless you

2 Likes

Yes it is wonderful. Now I’m feeling there is somebody to share my struggles and ask some advice. My past life is so terrible . Some of thini i could not share here. I was a worst sinner . But JESUS has picked me up. He is so patient with me. Oh how great is His love. Thank you so much all of you. God bless you

1 Like

Thanks @sig for the kind words.

2 Likes

I will also join in praying for you.
May the grace of our God be with you @saravanan

2 Likes

Thank you so much sir. God bless you

1 Like

May the LORD God our Savior give you peace. He makes us. JEREMIAH 29.11. FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU SAITH THE LORD, TO PROPSER YOU, TO GIVE YOU A FUTURE AND A HOPE. In PSALM 139. He reminds us we are uniquely made. He knows us personally.

Praise God, you know the KING OF KINGS and LORD of All. He will never leave you or forsake you. Ask the LORD what you should do next. Romans 5:8 We are made His Children. He is our ABBA Father. Romans 8. Nothing can separate us from Him. Luke 10. Jesus tells us that He will give us authority and protection. Regardless of any hardship, remember the LORD is right there with you.

When you asked Yeshua-Jesus into your life. You put your old life in His hands. And it is Him who says that He will make all things new. Just spend time praying, talking to God. Read his word daily. Memorize verses and chapters. God wants to do a work in your life. His word will be like milk ro a newborn baby.

Jesus is LORD. He loves you deeply. When you asked Hm for forgiveness turning from your old way of dealing with life. The Holy Spirit births Spiritual life in us. John 3;16. Breaking the walls of sin separation, Isaiah. And Jesus paid our debts on full, Romans 3.23 and 6.23. He paid for our sin debt. His blood saves you. He makes you His own. I pray for your protection and guidance. He is called the Ancient of Days. The Alpha and Omega, who Is, Was, Will be. God bless you brother! Remember “you can do all things in Christ/Messiah who strengthens us.” Ephesians 2:8, you are justified by faith alone. Praise God!

2 Likes

Thank you so much sister for your pray and encouragement. Really I’m facing hard situation in my life. Because of my foolish decision. Very soon I’m going to face the biggest challenge in my life. Please pray for me. God bless you

3 Likes

Praise our Lord Jesus Bro Saravanan. Thanks for sharing a blessed testimony. I believe that our Lord works in mysterious ways and He did work in you in a mysterious way. Glad that you never gave up on reading and trying to understand Holy Bible. YouTube is a great place to learn if we know how to navigate.

You said that you would come to India. Do let us know where you are from in India so that RZIM Centre for Christian Apologetics (RCCA) Chennai Alumni members can get in touch with you and you too can connect with others who are into ministry in India. If you are staying for long then I suggest you to join RCCA in Chennai for 2 weeks Certificate Course in Apologetics. This is not just for learning but to make lifelong friends and for strengthening your faith in Christ through reason, logic and various other disciplines.

I pray that your testimony will encourage many to know and come to Christ especially your family and friends in India.

Talk to you soon.

2 Likes