Introduction: Olivia

member_introductions

(Olivia Davis) #1

Hi y’all! My name is Olivia. I graduated from college last May and now live in Athens, Greece, where I’m teaching English for a year.

When I was in college, I had a professor who challenged my faith. It was the best thing that could have ever happened to my relationship with God – all of a sudden, I needed him more than ever! When I realized there was this discipline called “apologetics,” my mind was blown and I began to see how God wants all of us – including our minds!

I’m absolutely delighted to see RZIM Connect become a reality and am looking forward to learning from each and every one of you!

(Helen Tan) #2

Hi Olivia, welcome to Connect! My mind was blown too when I discovered Apologetics and in particular RZIM. Looking forward to more conversations with you in the discussions.

(Carson Weitnauer) #3

Hi Olivia,

Welcome to Connect! How exciting to be living in Athens, Greece! I’m so grateful that you found apologetics in college. What a joy it is to be using our minds for the glory of God!

What I’ve found is that learning is a very social activity. By practicing what we are learning together in Connect, we will be better prepared for the conversations that take place outside of this community. I hope you’ll jump right in!

(Sarah Malcangi) #4

Welcome, Olivia. :grinning:

(Adam Taylor) #5

Hi Olivia! I live in Thailand teach English too! I saw on your profile that you’re a Fulbright scholar. I’m not, but at one of the schools I teach at we have a Fulbright scholar who teaches English too! Welcome to RZIM Connect!

(Olivia Davis) #6

That’s so exciting! I’d love to hear about your experience in Thailand and exchange teaching stories sometime!

(Keldon Scott) #7

@Olivia_Davis welcome aboard. So glad that you found apologetics. Helping the Thinker believe & The Believer think is so good as coined by rzim. I trust you will enjoy the connection. Please add your thoughts and experiences. We will pray for your endeavors in Athens and your experiences. Please let us know how things are going

(Natasha Morton) #8

Welcome Olivia!
I understand! I personally found it satisfying to think I do not have to have ‘blind faith’ to be a believer, and that there we can pursue our Lord intellectually as well. I find it to be exhilarating!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!