Introduction: Philip T. Sarlo

member_introductions

(Philip T. Sarlo) #1

Blessings everyone, I have been listening to Ravi for decades am excited about this website! My story can be read from the link below, called, “Lost At Sea.” I was a real rebel as I tried to get away from Christian influence, running from God like Jonah. I was raised in Michigan …running from God all the years, till my final attempt at escaping the “Hound of Heaven” running from Miami to Nova Scotia aboard a pleasure yacht, as a decadent deckhand for 100 days in the summer and fall of 1971. God brought me back home to some old-fashioned Gospel meetings, having heard it all before, but heard it again for the first time…the life-giving words “It is finished” paid in full…coming to the end of myself and at the edge of suicide, finally resting in those wondrous words.

!https://heaven4sure.com/2012/08/18/lost-at-sea-philip-sarlos-story-heaven4sure-com-personal-testimonies/

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #2

Hello @psarlo. It’s encouraging to read your story. I’m excited also in how we as a community can help each other grow in Christ. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Philip T. Sarlo) #3

Thank you sir, Love listening and sharing RAVI from his app and youtube! Blessings, phil

(Carson Weitnauer) #4

Hi @psarlo,

How encouraging! It is amazing how the plain and Spirit-filled preaching of God’s word converts!

As C.S. Lewis once put it,

But I wish to say most emphatically that where a speaker has that gift, the direct evangelical appeal of the ‘Come to Jesus’ type can be as overwhelming today as it was a hundred years ago. I have seen it done, preluded by a religious film and accompanied by hymn singing, and with very remarkable effect. I cannot do it: but those who can ought to do it with all their might.

I’m grateful that you found your way home - to your family, and to Christ.

I trust we’ll grow together in faith here - do spur us on to love and good deeds!

(Philip T. Sarlo) #5

Yes, I was raised around “Plymouth Brethren” and they still present the Gospel the same way, minus the “religious film.” ha. Thanks for your nice note. in Him, phil

(Megan Kemp) #6

Hi Phil!

Welcome to RZIM Connect. It’s great to have you here. I hope you’ll find this to be an encouraging place to discuss the things of God.

(Ethan Thomas) #7

Hi Phil! Welcome to the community!