Introduction: Rachel O'Dell

(Rachel O'Dell) #1

Hello Everyone,
I am thankful to have this opportunity to connect with others from RZIM. I live in the Charlotte, NC (USA) area, and I work as an Elementary school teacher.
Blessings to you.

(SeanO) #2

@rachelodell Welcome to Connect! So glad you’ve joined us. May Christ bless you through your time here and use you to share the love of Jesus in your school context.

(Joshua Spare) #3

Welcome to Connect, @rachelodell! My wife is a teacher, so I have some inkling of just how tiresome the job can be - so kudos to you! I was reflecting, just the other day, on how formative some of my elementary teachers were in my life, so keep up the good work, as I’m sure your efforts will go unappreciated in some measure but will be hugely formative for many of your kiddos! And welcome to Connect - I’m excited to see some of your thoughts as you hop into the conversations!

(LaTricia J.) #4

Welcome @rachelodell! What graded do you teach?

(Linda Nikitin) #5

Hullo Rachel,
Welcome To Connect. So Excited to learn from you as you share. I live in MI.
I am reading John Lennox’s new book “Can Science Explain Everything?” It is SO CLEAR AND SO HELPFUL. My favorite book is Key Bible Concepts by David Gooding and John Lennox.
Blessings
Linnie :blush::dove:

(Rachel O'Dell) #6

I teach First Grade. I started with Second Grade, then did Third Grade for one year, and have been in First for a while. I have been teaching for 14 years now.

(Rachel O'Dell) #7

Hello Linnie,
I am reading Always Be Ready by Hugh Ross. I highly recommend it!
Thank you,
Rachel

(Rachel O'Dell) #8

Thank you, Joshua, for understanding about the job. There are definitely long hours! What does your wife teach?

(Rachel O'Dell) #9

Thank you, Sean. What do you do for a living?

(Joshua Spare) #10

Hey @rachelodell! My wife currently teaches art, and in the past has taught film, photography and graphic design. To say the least, she definitely has the creative gene out of the two of us!

(SeanO) #11

@rachelodell I am an engineer by trade - very enjoyable work!

(LaTricia J.) #12

One of the most influential teachers I had was my first grade teacher. :slight_smile: Thank you for working with the wee ones!

(Rachel O'Dell) #13

Thank you, LaTricia.
They are certainly weeeering me out!