Introduction: Rene

member_introductions

(Rene Longoria) #1

Hi everyone. I’m a Special Ed Para Educator. I work with children, at a public school, who have behavior issues. So, I’m really tired most days :slight_smile: I too recently finished the Core Module. I really enjoyed it. I look forward to more conversations and learning.

(Eunike Misiekaba) #2

@Rene Welcome RZIMCONNECT…I finished the Core Module in April and since then, I have been really encouraged and built in my journey with the Lord on this site. I hope you’ll find that as well. All the best :slight_smile: .

(Joshua Spare) #3

Welcome to Connect, @Rene! Well done on completing the Core Module while also serving at such a tiring job! I’m so glad that you have found your way here to this community; I’m sure that this community will benefit immensely from your engagement.

If you have a moment, I would love to hear about one of the more poignant aspects of the module that struck you as particularly powerful! Or perhaps one of the questions that came away with you that you have been pondering since completing the module?

Welcome to Connect!

(Kathleen) #4

Welcome to Connect, @Rene! My hat is off to anyone working in special ed…esp. when it involves behavioural issues! As someone who used to work in a school, I am thankful for you and what you do every day. :slight_smile: Looking forward to having you on here!

(Carson Weitnauer) #5

Hi @Rene,

Welcome! I am so glad you had the opportunity to take the Core Module. It is an awesome class; the RZIM Academy team does a terrific job.

(And @Eunike, I was so encouraged to hear that RZIM Connect has enabled your continued growth in the Lord after finishing the Core Module!!).

Rene, participating in discussions is a great way to stretch yourself. To think through a question, formulate your understanding, ask a question, do some research, help someone else out… it can be an incredible growth experience, and we’ll cheer you on along the way!

(Melvin Greene) #6

Hi @Rene. I’m so glad you’re here. I too loved the Core Module. The RZIM staff are such wonderful teachers. Speaking of which, thank you for what you are doing in working with kids with behavioral issues. I have a lot of respect for people who do what you do. I pray that the Lord our God will bless your work and give you the wisdom, love, and energy to continue to minister to these special children. Also, I pray that this community would be used by God to minister to you.

(Renee Yetter) #7

Hi Rene! Good to “see” you again! I hope you are well.
Blessings.

(Rene Longoria) #8

Hi Renee! Good to ‘see’ you too.

(Rene Longoria) #9

Hi Melvin. Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the uplifting prayer!

(Rene Longoria) #10

Thank you for the welcome Carson.

(Rene Longoria) #11

Thank you for your kind words Kathleen!

(Rene Longoria) #12

Thank you for the welcome Eunike!

(Rene Longoria) #13

Hi Joshua. Thank you for the welcome.
I think what struck me most about the Core Module was the amount of self reflection I did. It not only taught me some ways to present the truth of the Gospel, but also allowed me to really reflect in my own heart on how I feel about many of the problems in our culture today. And how I deal with my own sins. It seems like every time I notice the splinter in another’s eye, I reminded of the log in my own. God is great!

(Joshua Spare) #14

Amen, Rene! Isn’t it amazing how we can go into something to be able to teach or help others, and come out more cognizant of our incredible need for God and how little we are truly able to offer, apart from His strength! What a joy, it sounds like, to have gone through the Core Module; I’m certain that you will continue to reap the rewards of your study, and I’m sure we will benefit as well as you engage with the community here on Connect!

(Joel Vaughn) #15

Good to see you here, Rene! :slight_smile: