Introduction: Richard Arthur

(Richard Addison Arthur) #1

Grateful to be here. Let there be no lack of knowledge, fellow Christians. Thinking with discernment is our effective antidote to atheistic error.

(Carson Weitnauer) #2

HI @sculptor,

Welcome to Connect! This is a place for growing into increasingly empathetic, respectful, and kind witnesses to the good news of Jesus. I look forward to growing in our faith together.

(Joshua Spare) #4

Welcome to Connect, @sculptor! I am intrigued by your username - are you a sculptor? If so, would you be willing to share a little about your work? I’m excited to see your contributions here on Connect, and I’m sure your engagement will also edify many in this community! Welcome!

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #5

Welcome to Connect, Richard (@sculptor). I’m happy to have you here. Let’s learn together in this community. :slight_smile:

(Richard Addison Arthur) #6

Dear Joshua,
Thanks for your interest in my artwork. Since 1961 when fourteen years old, my gift as an artist began taking form. I’ve been thankful to our Lord for this gift since it developed into a career which has lasted to this day. The sculptural aspect led to work in fine custom jewelry design, carving master models in wax for casting in gold and silver.
If one reads my (unfinished) autobiography it may seem I had a medical career, but fine art was my true calling. There’s so much more to this. It has not been an easy life. Only the love of our Lord has seen me through.
Thanks again, and many blessings to you and your family.

Richard Arthur

(Joshua Spare) #7

That is really fantastic! I’ve never had much capacity for creating art myself, but my wife is an artist by training and currently teaches art. However, I find the theory and philosophy of art incredibly fascinating; I may have taken a couple art history courses in college as an excuse to spend time with the lady who would become my wife, but the courses themselves proved immensely fascinating! I think that the intersection between Christianity and art is especially interesting, so it is always a joy to meet Christian artists! Please do keep making your work for His glory!