Introduction: Rylee Free

member_introductions

(Rylee Free) #1

Hi everyone!

My name is Rylee Free and it has taken me entirely too long to get around to doing this, but I am glad to be apart of this online community!

I’m a recent graduate from Texas A&M University, where I studied Philosophy and minored in Spanish. I just moved to Houston, Texas, where I’ll be working as an Insurance Agent… so if you live in Houston, I will probably be one of your 400 million sales calls, trying to convince you that you absolutely need to buy from me. That being said, I moved to Houston because I will be starting a Master’s in Apologetics at Houston Baptist University! I look forward to beginning to learn more about how, as a believer, I can respond to the many questions that my peers are/will be asking. Moreover, as I study apologetics, I grow in awe and wonder at our Creator and Savior, and I look forward to knowing Him more and more. I have absolutely no clue what I will do after this Master’s Program, but I am learning to rest confidently in the Lord and not in my plans.

I am encouraged and challenged by the questions and responses of this community!

Lord’s Blessings,

Rylee Free

(Lakshmi Mehta) #2

Welcome Rylee! I am encouraged by your desire to serve the Lord and you taking a step in faith to pursue studies in Apologetics. May you find the answers you are looking for. Blessings for a great year at school!

(Natalia Love) #3

I second, Lakshmi. Welcome here, Rylee.

(Jimmy Sellers) #4

I am sure that you will find this a very energetic and knowledge group of like minded believers. Welcome.

(Keldon Scott) #5

Welcome @Rylee_Free. So glad to have you aboard. Your knowledge, education, commitment and spirit will be a blessing to connect. I look forward to reading your posts and responses to some of the difficult questions that get asked. Blessings to you and your endeavors, and much success with your sales.

(Kathleen) #6

Welcome, Rylee! We’re glad that you’ve joined us! That’s so exciting about your Master’s Program there in Houston. Also loved that you studied Philosophy. I am a little bit jealous. The older I become, the more convinced I am that people need to understand and engage with philosophical thought! How many years will your MAA that take you?

(Rylee Free) #7

Hi!

I really did enjoy my studies of philosophy and was often challenged in ways I didn’t even know I could be!

The program usually takes about 2 years( sometimes less depending on how many hours you take and if you take summer classes) to complete! I am so excited!

(Carson Weitnauer) #8

Hi @Rylee_Free!

You’re starting a great program! @Cameron_McAllister, part of the RZIM speaking team, recently completed his studies there. The faculty is outstanding - Dr. Ordway, Dr. Craig, Dr. Licona, and Mary Jo Sharp are some that I know best. I think you’re in for a treat.

Here’s an idea: why not share what you learn in your HBU classes with us in Connect and facilitate discussions around the most interesting ideas you learn? You’ll really learn the material if you teach it to others, expose many people to the HBU program, and we’ll be encouraged to grow in our understanding from the conversations you start. I don’t know if that sounds appealing, but I’d love to see it happen!

(Rylee Free) #9

I am really looking forward to learning from the professors at HBU! They all have unique backgrounds, and I’ve heard great things!

I would love to do that! Once the semester starts, I can post some topics that we are addressing in my different courses. I look forward to learning from you and others!

(Carson Weitnauer) #10

Awesome! I can’t wait!