Introduction: Sarah Todd

(Sarah Todd) #1

Hi everyone
I am a Christian GP and wife to an illusionist evangelist / primary school teacher husband. Also mum to two adopted children. We have been involved in leading small home groups / youth & children’s work over the past 15 years or so. I love leading Bible studies and exploring important issues of faith / science / ethics etc with the Bible open. I don’t mind a good debate but I don’t go looking for it :blush:

(Warner Joseph Miller) #2

Welcome, @Sarah_Todd, to CONNECT!!! Glad you could join our “little” worldwide community.:blush: Truly. It’s great to have you here and hope expectantly that this resource might be a great benefit and blessing to you, as well.

Please forgive my ignorance, but you referenced two things that I’d never heard of and am curious about. What is a “Christian GP” and an “illusionist evangelist”?

Again, GREAT to have you here and look forward to hearing more from you in the future. Blessings.

(Sarah Todd) #3

Hi! So I am a Christian who is also a GP (general practitioner/ family doctor / physician in the UK). My husband does illusion / magic shows which churches use in attractional outreach events, to bring people into church and tell the good news about Jesus. He has quite a unique ministry in that sense, as he looks at the evidence for what is real and what is illusion and builds up to the resurrection and the message of the gospel as the one true reality. He is similar to Andre Kole who had a similar ministry in university campuses across the USA. Hope that sheds some light for you! (See http://illusion2reality.org and www.toddalexander.org)

(Warner Joseph Miller) #4

Oh that’s absolutely fantastic, Sarah!! Thanks, so much, for your patience and grace towards me. I’m absolutely going to check out what your husband does. It’s sounds really interesting.

Thanks, again, sister and welcome!

(Keldon Scott) #5

Welcome aboard @Sarah_Todd. Glad you have joined us. Thank you for the explanations as I had the same question about general practitioner. I really appreciated the analogy between illusion and real. I can imagine that being a very good apologetic. Pun intended. I look forward to reading your posts.