Introduction: Sawyer

(Sawyer Lake) #1

Hi everyone! My name is Sawyer Lake. I’m a junior at Swarthmore College and am studying Religion/Spanish. I am thinking of going to theology school after undergrad and have really enjoyed everything RZIM does since I started looking into the organization more and more over the past year. I was raised in a Christian family and have always known there was something profound about Jesus, but my senior year of high school was the year I really came back to see who Jesus is and I reaffirmed my belief. Lot of change has happened since. I saw the Connect community and thought “why not?!”. Everything else RZIM has done from my experience has been wonderful and inspiring, so here I am introducing myself.

(Kathleen) #2

Welcome to Connect, @sawyerlake! Always good to have university students on here. We hope this forum can be a place of encouragement for you on your journey!

(Joshua Spare) #3

Welcome, @sawyerlake! It is certainly always enjoyable to have university students come to join our community here! I was recently listening to a podcast in which the idea was mentioned that Christian families are often training their kids on how to “survive” college, but that we ought to be teaching students how to “thrive” in college. From your brief introduction, it would seem like you are well-equipped to thrive; would you agree with that assessment?

I am certainly excited to have you along in Connect, and I look forward to seeing you out on the forums!

(Warner Joseph Miller) #4

It’s great to have you here, man! Welcome to CONNECT! Please feel free to browse around, read through threads, ask questions, and share your personal insights. God’s every blessing to you, brother!