Introduction: Sharon G

Hi everyone, My name is Sharon. I am a native of Washington, D.C. and live with my husband (also a native)just across the river in Arlington, VA. I have a daughter (also a native) and two very special granddaughters. I was born into a committed Christian family and have known the Lord personally all my life. He has taken me through some tough times and blessed me beyond what I deserve.
I am looking forward to participating on Connect and interacting with people from all over the world. I only recently learned of Connect, but have been a fan of RZIM for many years. I took the Core Module in the RZIM Academy last spring and am now doing the elective on basic theology and doctrine. I have learned so much and broadened my scope of understanding on so many topics. I want to learn more.

7 Likes

Hello, Sharon! Glad to meet you.

4 Likes

Hi @sgewehr, it’s wonderful to meet you! Welcome to connect. It is a blessing to interact with so many people. I hope to get more time on my hands soon to take some of those electives myself. Thank you for introducing yourself. :slightly_smiling_face: Enjoy browsing and engage when you feel led.

4 Likes

Hi @sgewehr,

Welcome! I’m so pleased that you have joined Connect. I look forward to learning from you and growing together in Jesus as we discuss the Scriptures together in this community.

1 Like

Sharon,

Your intro paragraph made me think of an old RZIM CD I’ve listen to in which a member of the student panel stated, “By His love, Jesus has caused me to learn to live gratefully in blessings I don’t deserve”. He is truly a generous Savior and Lord!

It’s great to have you on board, sister…

2 Likes

Thank you so much for welcoming me. I look forward to this new community of learning together. (So, do I acknowledge you as “kumquat” or John?) Whichever, it’s great to meet you.

2 Likes

My middle name is best - Kevin.

Sorry to be long replying. Didn’t see your post!

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. I deduced that from you replies to others. Thanks for getting back to me. “Kevin” it is.