Introduction: Shay Deborah

(Shay Yates) #1

Hi everyone! I am from Chrisman, Illinois and currently am a senior at Florida Gulf Coast University. I joined Connect because I saw that my boyfriend joined, and my therapist told me that I should try to reach out to other Christians. I have been through a lot in the past few months and have recently decided that I want to turn my life over to the Lord. I have yet to be baptized, but I am thinking very strongly about doing it soon. I hope to contribute to this online community by helping others through similar experiences that I have made it through.

(SeanO) #3

@sdyates5778 Hurrah! So glad you are beginning your journey with Jesus! Welcome to Connect and may the Spirit of Christ fill you with joy, peace and wisdom as you begin that journey and publicly declare your commitment to the King!

(Simon Grattan) #4

Hi Shay, great to have you here and thanks for your honesty and openness already…I’ve no doubt God will be able to use those traits for his purposes as you engage on this platform. Great that your boyfriend is on here too and this is something you can share and discuss together too. Praying for blessing on your relationship and on you as you continue to grow in Him…
Simon

(Lindsay Brandt) #5

Hello, Shay! So overjoyed that you have begun a relationship with the Lord! I am looking forward to getting to know you more and conversing with you on different things on Connect! Welcome!

(Shay Yates) #6

Thank you so much for welcoming me! I am so excited about this! When I became a biology major it really put me outside of the Christian loop for a while, and after reading your introduction as well, am also looking forward to conversing with you and hearing your perspective about things!

(Shay Yates) #7

Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes!!

(Dan Pollina) #8

That’s great! Praise God!!!

(Michael Fitzgerald) #9

That is great, Deborah. I joined RZIMConnect a while ago but have not really pursued this until today. But I turned my life over to the Lord 48 years ago and it has been an adventure. One of the main things I have learned is that when I trust the Lord to show me, no matter the trial, He will be there for me. It’s because, “how will he not with him freely give us all things.” (Rom. 8:32)

(Alban Hoxha) #10

Hi Shay
Welcome to the community and praying you find your convictions and decide to get baptized when you are ready. It’s interesting but my parents (75 & 65 years old) are going through same decision as well. The have been doing bible studies last two months and three key things they learned in this journey Faith, Repentance and Baptism go hand in hand, to get back to the full relationship with GOD. Just last night they decides to get baptized as they fully understood this step’s importance.
Alban

(Lou Hablas) #11

Greetings and welcome Shay @sdyates5778! So glad you joined RZIM Connect. Through this Community, I pray that you continue to meet God and His loving presence in a manner that can ONLY be explained as Him, and that your new relationship with Christ supersedes every expectation you may have ever had about what it means or feels like to have a relationship with Him. Many blessings to you!

(Shay Yates) #12

@ahoxha thank you so much for your advice and for welcoming me!

(David Bruce Young) #13

Baptism is exciting! Praise God!

(Shay Yates) #14

I just signed up with our church to get baptized on April 27th! I am so excited!

(Lou Hablas) #15

Wow, such exciting news, Shay! So happy for you and so excited that you’re sharing your new relationship publicly. I pray that your relationship with Christ will grow stronger and more fruitful each day, and that your story will inspire others to place their faith in Christ too.

(Carson Weitnauer) #16

Hi @sdyates5778,

That’s exciting!! We will be celebrating with you. Please let us know how it goes… this is a great opportunity to invite family and friends to church with you.

(Sieglinde) #17

Hi Shay. Welcome! I am new to RZIM Connect. I am 55 but can relate to many struggles in my young life. Bless your heart, you have made a wise decision and a brave step forward. I pray the Lord will use you in a mighty way for other’s who have similar struggles.