Introduction:Shreya

member_introductions

(Shreya) #1

Hi everyone,

I am shreya. I am a lecturer in an engineering college and I am married.I am here bcoz of my very good friend who introduced me to the RZIM app.I am basically from a hindu family who grew up seeing all the Hindu tradition. But From childhood somehow i used to go to church with my friends nearby my place. Initially i liked to go there as it gave me calmness and happiness. Basically I am not a very holy person irrespective of religions. God has been kind though. A faith developed for Lord Jesus and my prayers were answered even during the critical times when my father was seriously ill.I m grateful to the Lord for the same. I dont want to be too religous or holy. But i want jesus to be in my life and guide me through out.

Thank you for the warm welcome i received here.

(Omar Rushlive Lozada Arellano) #2

Hello @Rachael_Angel. I’m glad to have you here. Thank you for sharing a bit about your testimony. I assume you meant that you don’t want to appear religious or holy from the outside, but rather want true inward holiness produced in your relationship with Christ. Welcome to Connect! :slight_smile:

(Lakshmi Mehta) #3

Welcome Shreya. I just joined the group a couple days ago and it’s been encouraging to read the humble and thoughtful responses. May God continue you to guide you in knowing His will and experiencing the fruits of genuine fellowship with Him through Jesus.

(Shreya) #4

Hey omnarchy. . I am glad that you understood my testimony so well and you got exactly the point i want ed to convey. Yes i want a true inward holiness in relationship with my dear lord Jesus to the extent of having even a friendly conversation with Lord. Thank you so much for understanding and the warm welcome dear friend. :slight_smile:

(Shreya) #5

Welcome to you also friend! Yes i too joined recently. As you mentioned the responses here are given after a good analysis and they are very rational in their thinking. So i am hoping that my journey here is a long and a fruitful one by the blessings of Lord Jesus. Please share anything good you come across and anything new you identify in connection to God Almighty. Thank you for the warm wishes. I too wish you the same. Thanks once again.

(Carson Weitnauer) #6

Hi @Rachael_Angel,

Welcome! I think that distaste for the artificiality of religion is a good gift from our Heavenly Father. I think about my own children; I don’t want them to appear to be good, I want them to really be good. Likewise, I don’t want a pretend relationship with them; I want to have true friendship and connection with them. For Jesus to be in our lives and to guide us in every area is a wonderful desire. As we read in John 15:4, “Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.” May we abide in Jesus!

I look forward to learning from your questions and your insights. I am praying that Connect will host hundreds of insightful, compassionate conversations about how to share the gospel with Hindus and invite them to abide with Jesus as well.

(Daniel Mchimba) #7

God bless you Shreya